Skinny *****....the book

Options
2»

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Took me a min to get that !! I am a true Blonde but I LOVE IT!!! My food craps on your food!!!!! Too funny I can't stop lauging!!!!!
    My sister-in-law bought me the Skinny *kitten* book for x-mas not knowing what it was all about.

It's an easy read in the sense that i finished the entire book in one sitting during the down time at work (although some of the chapters were easier mentally to get through then others).

Extremely misleading. I basically called my sister-in-law and told her that the book's reason i am fat is because i am not a vegan. she apologized.

When i finished the book, i kinda laughed to myself. I didn't get fat because i ate meat and dairy and all of that. I got fat because i ate TOO MUCH meat and dairy, and didn't offset that with exercise.

All in all, i didn't care for this book one bit. If you are vegan...great. if you are not...then that's great too. I just felt the book went overboard on trying to pound certain key phrases and ideas into my head in hopes that i would just ultimately give up eating meat and dairy.

A friend of mine summed it up best for me with a spoof on those office inspiration posters. It was a picture of a cow going number #2. The caption underneath said, " My food craps on your food. " Still smiling over that...
  • countryrunner
    countryrunner Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed it. I read it in July of 2009 and I have been a vegetarian ever since. It might be a bit extreme, and it probably shouldn't be marketed as a diet book, but I feel like you can really learn a lot from it still.

I'm with you. I truly enjoyed reading this book. I'd been on the fence about eating meat for months. After getting through half of the book I had decided giving up meat was the right thing to do. Not just for my waistline but also for my conscience.