Anyone just have a baby? How is it going?

Options
I am 3 weeks post partum and breastfeeding. I had a c-sec so the healing and moving is slow going. I was just wondering anyones weight loss experience or tips to be successful. I find I am SOOOO hungry. I eat a ton most days, although sometimes not out of hunger but looking for something. (i'm not sure what).

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I had my second baby a year ago, and I found that I had ridiculous chocolate cravings after I had her (where as before I could not have cared less about it). You are breast feeding so your appetite is going to be crazy. My advice is try not to rush it, you are only 3 weeks out. Just try to make healthy choices, and start exercise once your doctor gives you the ok.
  • Mom2MandN
    Mom2MandN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 6mo PP. I had a section with both of my kids. At first I wanted to eat everything. But after a few weeks I got that under control. I started out just walking. Dont to to much because your body may hurt like hell the next day. The stroller was my friend. I just would go for walks. 15 mins a day. It good for your baby to get some sun light as well. I also wore my baby. it was great also. you can friend me if you want. Hope everything works out for you.
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am 3months PP and still breastfeeding! Yeah, I am also hungry often and find that snacking healthy helps.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am 2 months pp-I didn't start walking on my treadmill till 3 -4 weeks pp due to my back bein sore from epidural-I would start out with 15 min then incr by 5 min every day I walked-also still breastfeeding-was very hungry too but came under control as weeks went by-I am more conscious now of what I eat-but still crave chocolate bad for some reason-u can friend me if you'd like-take it slow-esp since u were a c/s
  • gypsyrosedog
    Options
    I had a c-section almost 10 months ago now and I would also say take it slow, drink lots of water and eat healthy when you are hungry. The weight will fly off naturally with breastfeeding. I fed my son exclusively and on demand and was down to my pre-pregnancy weight by 2 months and I did not go hungry and tried (and didn't always succeed) eating healthy. We had an extra large take out meat lovers pizza and garlic fingers almost weekly, cookies etc. Give yourself a break and don't worry about your weight right now. Enjoy that babe!
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 1/2 months pp with my second son in 2 years (both c-sections) and the last few weeks I've finally noticed I'm not starving all the time... (I exclusively pump... so I "breast feed" too) Weight loss is really non existent.. but I have started working out and have lost 9.3 inches all over and 1 lb :( yea for inches boo for mostly non existent weight loss..
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    9 weeks postpartum. I was 117 when i got pregnant, and i was 200 when i went into labor. i had serious complications and was almost 250 pounds when i was hospitalized after the 3 surgeries i had after an emergency c-section.

i had to learn to walk twice, because in between the 1st and 2nd surgery they thought they fixed the problem but they didnt.

not only that but i couldnt breast feed because of all the trauma... =[

well i am at 158.4 pounds and going strong!
    i took the liberty to look at all kinds of healthy foods that are slowly making a difference in my life!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!