Belly roll yeast infections...

Options
So, I've had these in the past but I wanted to see who else is having a problem as they lose weight, with yeast infections under flabby skin, belly buttons, etc. I went to the doc today for my tailbone but while I was there had them take a look at my belly button that had become red and itchy. The doc said it was a yeast infection and gave me some medication/ointment to take care of it. I've had the same thing happen under my belly roll too. Gives off a really yucky smell and is painful.

I didn't know a belly button could roll over the top of itself! LOL! I didn't even notice until I itched there and realized it was red and icky! :(

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Very common! Most over the count yeast medications will help!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of that, but then again, I don't get out much. Is the cream the same stuff you would use for *ahem* other areas that may be affected by yeast infections?
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I love that as I am reading this there is an ad for Monistat on the top of my page!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I love that as I am reading this there is an ad for Monistat on the top of my page!

lol mine too!

I think it picks words and uses appropriate ads. That is funny though.
  • kerryecave
    kerryecave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! It is common, people can get it anywhere it is warm, wet (like from sweat) and dark. Loves to grow there! Any folds or crevices. Monistat works wonders, or as stanvoodoo said, any otc (over the counter) generic would work! Congrads on your weight loss, gives me hope!
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    LOL! The doc gave me...LMBO...Miconazole for jock itch! What the! I just looked at it! Oh my gosh!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    i had a yeast infection in just one arm pit. odd that when I went to the doctor for it that it was just under one arm. he also gave me so ointment that cleared it right up.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    note... u know to keep that info documented really well and after u loose all your weight, your insurance company may pay for a tummy tuck to reduce the infections.

when I lost all my weight I did this
  • heatypablo
    heatypablo Posts: 221
    Options

lol mine too!

I think it picks words and uses appropriate ads. That is funny though.

LMAO! Me too... :bigsmile:
  • dw97459
    dw97459 Posts: 7
    Options
    I had one in my armpits. It went away as soon as I lost 25 pounds. Before that I had read online that you can use the same stuff they use for athletes feet to treat yeast infections of the skin.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You can purchase miconizole powder over the counter. Make sure you dry off very good after showering/ bathing and dust onto the affected areas. I used to work as a home health aide and I know those infections can get really nasty.
  • mariyumm
    mariyumm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    first i have to say to the original poster that you are brave to type about this ... ive had that problem since ive had 3 c-sections and that flab is annoying and I use summer's eve powder to help keep that area dry ~ .... although never had an infection but a tummy tuck would be nice though :)
  • Katz85340
    Options
    Yes. I've been told I can get a tummy tuck after I lose my weight. ;) Looking forward to getting rid of this roll! Thanks!
  • Katz85340
    Options
    How did it go? Were you satisfied? I heard it was really painful afterward. How bad are the scars?
  • Katz85340
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    LOL! The doc gave me...LMBO...Miconazole for jock itch! What the! I just looked at it! Oh my gosh!

A yeast infection is a yeast infection, whether it be "down there" in the form of jock itch or a V-Jay Jay infection, athletes foot, thrush in the mouth, or a yeast infection on the skin. Miconozole is the most used over the counter medication used to treat them. Nystatin is the most used prescription medication used to treat them.
  • Katz85340
    Options
    Thanks! I have no vanity on this site because we're all in the same boat (well, most of us)! LOL! I've had two c-sections myself and a huge roll left over as a result but it's worse since I've lost so much weight, and I didn't even notice my belly button had disappeared in the roll! LOL!
  • Katz85340
    Options
    I learn something new every day! Thanks!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have an ad about refinancing my mortgage. I wonder what that means...
  • Katz85340
    Options
    LOL! Mine is about waffles!