New & Confused

Options
Hi! I'm new to this site/app. Can't quite figure out what my numbers should be at the end of the day! Somehow I end up with calories left over at the end of the day! Should my NET be 0. It seems that I would need to eat more?? Does this make sense? Help!

Replies

• jlcghs27408
    jlcghs27408 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Right, you are trying to get close to 0. In the "Remaining" row, the green numbers are what you have left for the day. Red with a negative sign means you went over.

So if it says -120 for calories remaining, that means you ate 120 more calories than your goal. If it says 120, it means you still have 120 remaining for the day.
  • like_whoa82
    Options
    well i guess that this app counts the calories that you take and put out. So if you exersice you get to eat just a little bit more to complete your calorie intake. The more you loose the calorie intake will change. I think. I hope that kinda helps, :)
  • smithalcutie
    smithalcutie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    don't worry i was confused to but its best to have calories left over. if you have too many left over it tells you.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    u do not want your net to be 0 it should be aleast 1200 because this is already set up with a calorie difference to lose weight without exercise so u do not want to go below your daily goal i stay right around 1200 if u let it go to 0 your body is burning everything and that is not good u will end up sick
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Totals 0
    Your Daily Goal 1330
    Remaining 1330

So "your daily goal" is how many calories you can eat a day
    As you post your food, the"Totals" number will go up and your remaining number will go down
    at the end of the day you want remaining number to be as close to 0 as possible
    If you exercise, your daily goal will increase by however much you "earned" exercising.

So in my case, today I rode a bike for an hour or so, so I got an extra 550 calories to eat, making my daily goal 1330+550.
    However, I don't eat all my exercise calories as I "save" them for weekends when I know i will be indulging a bit more than I do during the week.

I hope that helps. The running totals are abit confusing at the beginning!