Coming in WAY under calorie goals but not hungry.

Options
This is day two for me and so far i have had a -net calorie for the 2nd day in a row with MFP
( 6th day working out )

I am eating breakfast , lunch and dinner and drinking 8 cups of water a day and taking my daily vitamins.

MFP says i am way under my calorie intake after food and exercise but what can i do?
I am eating i am not hungry in the least i couldn't eat an other bite of food if i wanted to.

I am not tired or sore i feel great ! in fact i have not felt this good in YEARS

i am simply eating healthy foods and doing cardio 2x daily.

Replies

• midnightpheonix
    Options
    I recommend drink a protein shake or meal replacement shake/ meal or protein bars. If you get the right kind they can provide good nutrition. They will also help you to up your calories without having to eat that much more. Make sure you take care of yourself and good luck!
  • Cazador64
    Cazador64 Posts: 23
    Options
    I recommend drink a protein shake or meal replacement shake/ meal or protein bars. If you get the right kind they can provide good nutrition. They will also help you to up your calories without having to eat that much more. Make sure you take care of yourself and good luck!

Any brand suggestions ?
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Grab a handful of nuts. Lots of quick good for you calories. :)
  • Cazador64
    Cazador64 Posts: 23
    Options

I try to tell my wife the same thing but she never listens.
  • lillieme
    lillieme Posts: 15
    Options
    I recommend increasing your meals by double and decreasing the amount of food you are eating by half. If you consume 200 cals per meal 6 times a day, you will be at 1200 cals (thats pretty low) but the over all effect will be in boosting your metabolism, which will definitely make you hungrier...

Protein shakes. Great Idea. Just be careful not to get a weight gainer. Calories for a protein shake should be sub-200. Nothing more for weight loss. Gold Standard is a great brand but spendy. Costco has some good stuff. Many of them are the same thing. My rule of thumb, the less ingredients the better it is for you.

14 Almonds - 70 cals, plus protein and healthy fats. I am all about it.
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Haha! I giggle like a teenage boy every time I type that!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    When I'm low and need a boost over, I'll pick up a glass of 'better than skim' milk, some of them have additional protein added. . .but i do know what you mean, so I've picked up things i like for snacking that are good for me to help
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    just because your not hungry...does not mean you dont need to eat...
    every 2.5 - 3 hours...get a meal into you!!! most important for fat loss...
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Frankly, you're not eating nearly enough to fuel your body, especially if you're going to continue to burn 400-700 calories a day exercising. Your body NEEDS enough fuel to keep your metabolism going.

If you continue to underfeed yourself for an extended period of time, you may have some early results but eventually your metabolism will slow down, and your results will dwindle. And when your body slows down you'll also start losing muscle weight instead of burning the fat.

You really should be eating the number of calories that MFP has mapped out for you (as long as you were honest and realistic when you set up the goals), plus eating back your exercise calories as well (or at the very least a good portion of them). That is the path to success, not starving yourself.

You can add calorie dense foods like nuts, beans, healthy fats (olives/olive oil, canola oil, avocados), whole grains (whole wheat bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta) which should help you reach your required calorie intake.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options

Wait...is she under her calorie goals, too? ;-)

I would suggest adding in some foods like walnuts, almonds, olive oil, natural peanut butter, avocados, and bananas.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

I would suggest adding in some foods like walnuts, almonds, olive oil, natural peanut butter, avocados, and bananas.

Thats what I was going to say.

Go for the good stuff, forget the FF garbage.

Plus it might not always be that way. A lot of days I am under or right at my calorie goal. But then one day I'll be really hungry and go a little over. Not crazy binge over. I don't feel guilty. Somedays Ill just be hungrier than others.

Its all about what you eat in a week, not a day. Although I do agree you shouldn't go every 3 hours w/o eating something.