Is my overnight weight loss too much?

Options
I've had a steady weight of the high number 250's for a while. I've changed up diet a d excersize and had little to no affect at all. I even bought a different scale to make sure I wasn't being read wrong. Same number for 4 weeks. Being my stating number. Just last night I weighed myself to the same old number and tonight I've lost 3 lbs! I think I should be happy. But sitting at my starting wight for so long and then overnight 3 lbs. It seems fishy.

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate up to 3-4lbs. during the day. For consistency, weigh yourself at the same time; first thing in the morning after peeing is best. All of the food has been digested.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate up to 3-4lbs. during the day. For consistency, weigh yourself at the same time; first thing in the morning after peeing is best. All of the food has been digested.

What she said, and when I do that there are times I am down a pound or two from the night before. Just keep consistently weighing at the same time and you will see the trend.
  • eylbrown
    eylbrown Posts: 21
    Options
    perfectly normal to me.. I started at the same weight as you and it took a bit but when I first dropped I lost 14 lbs in 3 weeks, then gained 9 back - which took 3 more weeks to get rid of that.. I seem to have a pattern, loose 2-3 lbs in 3 days, then stay stagnant for 2 weeks, then repeat. Within the 2 weeks "stand still" I can fluctuate 5 lbs give or take through out the day but all of a sudden it just happens.. the point is to stick with the program, eventually you'll see results. Just remember to eat all the calories you're supposed to, and often through the day - and eat at least half of your excercise calories and you will do just fine!

Good luck!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yep, i sometimes sit at the same weight for a few weeks, then drop a pile all of a sudden, particulary if it's that time of the month, it doesn't go down, and then all of a sudden drops significantly.
  • sudepip
    sudepip Posts: 20
    Options
    Girl, just roll with it don't question the scale.:drinker:
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who said to weigh yourself in the AM after using the bathroom.

Best time to weigh yourself:

1. because you fully digested the previous day's food

2. it will help you keep a positive attitude for the day... seeing the weigh loss.

Also, only weigh your self once a week.

And even if you can't weigh yourself at exactly the same time, stick to weighing yourself after waking up but before you eat or grab a coffee.
  • DelilahLoyla
    Options
    Thanks! I'll keep this in mind and weigh myself in the morning.