Finally, I can see the differences

Options
gatorflyer
gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
I guess you can say that I am less than photogenic. For that reason, I tend to stay away from the camera and having to be reminded of just how heavy I am. There are a few that sneak in from time to time, but usually they are hard to find. The last couple of days, I've been getting compliments from unexpected places. I get the "You look really good" comments, and while I've seen it on the scale, my self consciousness didn't allow me to see it in real life. My partner decided that it was time to show me the differences. She collected some pictures, put them all together in a collage, with dates, and let me say...WOW. For the first time since I started this journey, I really CAN see a difference. If I can figure out how to post the pics, I'll put them here and you can tell me if you see the difference. In the future, maybe I can even get to the point where I don't mind having my picture taken. Tomorrow is my partner's and my 11 year anniversary. We are going to the beach for the weekend so that means weigh in will be a day earlier than normal. At last weigh in I had lost 50 pounds. Hopefully the trend continues. Until then, here's a glimpse of a couple of before and after pictures.

The before pictures were taken in June 2010 and the after pictures were taken this week.

sue_headshot.jpg
sue_standing.jpg

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I checked them out on your profile, big difference, good job! You deserve the compliments you have been getting!
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Awesome job! I hope to have after pictures that shine like yours do.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and best wishes to you and your partner on your 11 anniversary. Well done!!
  • FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Keep it up and enjoy your getaway weekend! : )
  • Blezlie
    Blezlie Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow you look great! Congrats on both the loss and the anniversary!
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Wow...fantastic!!! You should be proud of yourself and your progress. And congratulations on your Anniversary!!!

Cheers
  • mkeller234
    mkeller234 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That really is a big difference. Look at the difference in your neck! That's crazy.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great job. You look fantastic! And what do you mean not photgenic!?! Look at that smile! :happy:

Have a great weekend.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Amazing, especially your face, so thin!!!
  • tmarie1213
    tmarie1213 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and yours and your partners 11 year mark! You look great! Have fun at the beach this weekend, you deserve it! :)
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! It IS amazing. Hope I can continue to do well. Got the pics posted but for some reason the current head shot is cut off. I've resized it on photobucket and no luck. Guess I'll tackle it again next week. Have a great weekend all, and continued good luck on your journeys as well.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Of course there's a difference! You're a good-looking woman at any weight -- congratulations to the 50 lbs left behind and to getting towards where you want to be.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! You’re looking fantastic! Keep up the great work. And hop in front of that camera this weekend. You only live once and pictures are one of the few things you’ll leave behind for those who love you.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I know what you mean about seeing the difference in yourself though. It can be a difficult thing to wrap your head around.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    hooray! well done!
  • sheiladowntown
    Options
    Wow! looking good, keep on keeping on:
  • megan_mp
    megan_mp Posts: 77
    Options
    Look at you! Tucking your shirts in, even!

Congratulations on your successes (including your anniversary)!

Have fun at the beach!
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You look great. Enjoy your anniversary!
  • mogenfire
    mogenfire Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look great! And congrats on the anniversary!
  • ERapp01
    ERapp01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazingly beautiful! Congratulation on your anniversary!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!