Lowest calorie choclate bar help pls!

skinny_minnie2011
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Well... its that time of the month ladies and I am CRAVING chocolate!

Normally I would quite happily sit and eat a family bag of peanut m&m's or galaxy but ocviously Im being super duper good so what the best low calorie chocolate bar to have? Didint really want to wander to the shops and look at every single one lol x

Replies

• Keltun
    Keltun Posts: 1
    Crunchies are quite good I think x
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Go for dark chocolate. Over 70% cacao, preferably. This is the chocolate that has health benefits. It's also lower in sugar and calories.
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that dark chocolate is less calories and has antioxidants!
  • dwhitten07
    dwhitten07 Posts: 29 Member
    Dark is the best, but if your like me and can't do any of it cause of it's carbs then you can always try Extra Mint n Chip Gum. It REALLY tastes like it and it helped stop my craving. Good luck if you find a low carb one let me know!
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Kitkats are relatively low in calories :)
  • Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    For a mini chocolate fix I have a couple of Mikado Sticks. They are just 11 calories each.
    Special K do a Mint Chocolate Bliss bar which is 89 calories
    Aside from this a 2 finger kitkat at 107 calories isn't bad either.

Good luck !
  • I have a 'snack size' Cadbury Snack biscuit...105 cals for 2 biscuits of shortbread biscuit covered in milk chocolate...ooo yummy!
  • Thanks guys... lots of choice!!!! Yum yum! x
  • Lexi1313
    Lexi1313 Posts: 3
    I've found that having a box of celebrations in the house is handy! When I really can't resist a chocolate fix I have one or two mini chocolates that I record as being about 40 calories a go. It really helps take the edge off!

The only problem being just making sure you only have one or two as I could quite easily polish off the whole box in the good old days!
  • I have Blue Ribband chocolate bars in the house. You can buy dark chocolate or milk. Milk ones are only 99calories. They are a bit like kitkats but a bit bigger..... They are lovely!!!
  • When I crave something chocolatey, I go for 100 calorie packs of Chips Ahoy or Mr. Salty chocolate covered pretzels, Quaker Chocolate Rice Cakes (only 60 cals each), or 5 Werther's sugar free hard candies (40 cals). Fiber One also has 90 calorie Chocolate chewy bars.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Special K chocolatey bars are not too high in cals, not much choc though and lots of sugar but very yummy treat.
    And if you can stick to one or two, Dove promises are only 40 cals each.
  • Are you from the UK? These are all UK suggestions ...

Alpen Light bars are less than 70 calories each and there is Chocolate & Orange flavour or Chocolate & Fudge.
    Options Hot Chocolate is less than 40 calories per mug and soooo chocolatey!
    Cocoa Pops Mega Munchers cereal is about 120 calories for a 30g serving (which is actually quite a big serving) and you can eat it dry for a crunchy chocolatey snack.
    Nakd Bars are 100-150 calories depending what one you buy and they are made from all raw, healthy ingredients, mainly made of dried fruit with some nuts and spices. There is a Cocoa Loco flavour (100 cal) and Cocoa Orange flavour (140 cal ish).
    If you just want some good old milk chocolate, you could always get a Freddo :) they are 100 calories and only 17p.

xxx
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    I don't like dark chocolate so for me

Caramel freddo - 95 cals

and my particular favourite as it is half covered in milk chocolate and is nie and sweet.

Cadbury brunch bar raisin - 150 cals.

They do a chocolate chip one that is a few more calories but it's really tough to chew which really puts me off.
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Boots shaper mint nougat bar 81 cals and divine
  • PussyKat
    PussyKat Posts: 69 Member
    Curly Wurlys are only 115kcal, I think
  • Does anyone have a chocolate bar in regular stores that is low in cal and fat I don't want dark chocolate just craving!
  • You need to be looking at the sugar contents in these chocolate bars. Some cereal bars have more sugar than a standard bar of chocolate. Amazon do a sugar free chocolate sauce you could try.
  • You need to be looking at the sugar contents in these chocolate bars. Some cereal bars have more sugar than a standard bar of chocolate. Amazon do a sugar free chocolate sauce you could try.
This discussion has been closed.