Stomach shrinkage?

Options
amylynn96
amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
So does anyone else feel like their stomach shrank? i dont mean fat wise. I mean the amount of food you eat now wise. Ive been at this 2 months now. Ive stuck to this diet religiously and the first week or two i started it was so hard i felt hungry all the time. But with the smaller portions and low carbs i feel like i eat about half of how i used to and im so full, to the point i cannot beleive the portion sizes and amount of food i ate. It makes dieting much much easier its no longer a struggle, its a lifestyle : )

Replies

• soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Same here. When i started MFP i was hungry all the time. After a week, i did not feel hungry anymore.
  • stepphanie
    Options
    Yes I feel that way! I started my lifestyle change last Monday and I am having a hard time now trying to eat 1200 calories. I feel like a pig eating so much food. I was use to eating once or twice a day before now I eat several times a day and lots of healthy stuff. Its hard to eat 1200 calories for me when I have already had several things and I am stuffed. It is a great feeling though knowing I am putting healthy stuff in my body instead of lots of fast food.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Yep! I def. get fuller on alot less! I was VERY hungry the first 4-5 days I stuck with this new change!
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    YES! When I started I ate everything on my plate when I ate out. Now I eat half and I am stuffed. I started taking half home for the next day and I think its so funny I can get 2 meals out of one meal now. I ate 2 slices of pizza last night and I was a bit more stuffed than I would like... I used to eat 3 or 4... things are changing big time! It makes it so much easier to stick with it! I love it ;)
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have really noticed that this week! I try to log my food in before I eat it and the other day I couldn't even finish my lunch. That's never really happened to me before, I always finished everything! It felt really good to feel full in a good way, not the 'Omg I'm going to puke' way!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Same here. I felt like i was hungry all the time and know i eat 6 small meals. Not hungry .. i sometimes have a hard time eating all my exercise food...
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    I have. At first I was upset because I looove food so much, but now I am very happy with it. I don't feel over stuffed, but satisfied. Last night I planned on having a pork chop and 2 cups of squash. I could only eat one cup instead of both. It was a great feeling.
  • gdotman
    gdotman Posts: 64
    Options
    Totally agree I have a always been a heavy eater and now with the 5-6 meals a day i can feel the difference. It was really hard in the beginning, but i think I got it under control. I still get hungry when I workout heavy at work though.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    tell me about it..
    I had my stomach stapled and after surgery it only held 4oz of food over the years I could get in 6oz depending on the texture of the food. I cant eat raw or rough forming foods at all.
    Now Ive been doing MFP for 2 weeks and I cant even get in 4oz most meals again.. its really hard and I have the hardest time even eating 1220 calories .. Im drinking calories back now after workouts b/c I simply cant eat the food. GO protein shakes!!
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    lol REALLY?!? a dominos add on this when i came back to read it? Thats messed up. Anyways.... anyone have any good reccomendations for a good protein shake, im gonna get some whey protein for an after workout recovery drink i just dont have a clue whats a good one.
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    lol REALLY?!? a dominos add on this when i came back to read it? Thats messed up. Anyways.... anyone have any good reccomendations for a good protein shake, im gonna get some whey protein for an after workout recovery drink i just dont have a clue whats a good one.

I prefer myofusion, mixes creamy and think and the taste is phenomenal... I love it.. 158 cals 4 gms carbs 25 gm protein..

Good luck
    Laurie
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm still hungry. I mean I eat about 5 times a day. But I don't eat as much at each sitting. So if I go somewhere where there's a lot of food - then it's always way more than what I'm used to and I find myself eating half the amount as everyone else.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yeah I feel like that too.

I believe your actual stomach organ does stretch out when/if you stuff it a lot then shrinks back down in time.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I have heard it take 5 days for your stomach to start shrinking. So after 5 days of eating smaller portions and eating at routine times, you should start to feel fuller quicker. I have definitely noticed in the past that when I ate "good" for a week, it was easy to not munch as much because I wasn't hungry!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have felt this, as well. Just last night I had 390 calories left as my wife and I sat to watch American Idol. I figured it was EXACTLY enough for a 1/2 cup of the Trader Joe's instant pudding and 40 mini pretzels (water to drink).

I was definitely filling up near the end. I probably *could have* stopped before eating all the pretzels, but I didn't feel awful afterward.

Good for you, though!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Your stomach doesn't actually physically shrink. (aside from being surgically done) Your body just adjusts to being able to function on smaller meals and fewer calories, that's why those initial hunger pangs go away after a few weeks.

Your stomach does expand from it's base size to accommodate larger amounts of food, but then it just always goes back to whatever size it started at. It's just one of many dieting/food myths that ran rampant.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for about 3 weeks now and I'm amazed at the changes. The first week I was hungry all the time. Now, I'm satisfied with smaller, more frequent meals. It's a great feeling to go to bed at night and not feel bloated and stuffed.