i dont have a stove

Options
apparently our stove was giving off dangerously high gas levels so the gas company came and unhooked it all. he gave us a warning slip to take to the landlord saying he needs to replace the stove and what was wrong with it. we took it to him. and he wont do anything about it til monday.

sooooooo i dont have a stove now! lucky i just bought roast yesterday and so were going to do roast in the crock pot tonight but what about the rest of the weekend? And possibly into next week if he doesnt get the stove here ON Monday.

i refuse to just eat pre made microwave crap all weekend. I have weigh in on Sunday....
I cant go to the store, so please dont say "go get this, or that", I just went yesterday and gotta work with what we have right now. so...
i have stew meat, pork chops, ribs, steak, ground turkey, chicken thighs, ground beef....what can i do with these in the crock pot. i know obviously stew with the stew meat, but id prefer not to have stew again. we just had it the other night. but i need more suggestions!!

TIA

Replies

• fink21061
    fink21061 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Use the grill if you have one. I grilled out during our last snow storm.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Stove and oven combined?
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    make chili in the crock pot.

you can even just put the meat in there, with some broth or tomato sauce or some other marinade and let it cook. the meat will be really tender. Or toss it all in, with some rice and make like a jambalaya (spelling).
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    u can do pork chops in the crock pot with sauce :) tastes good and nice n moist :) very filling
  • fink21061
    fink21061 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I also forgot to suggest looking up crock pot recipes. You can make eggs in them all the way to cake. THere is alot you can do with that nifty little thing.
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    Go on line and do some research or simply make up some combination based on what you have in the house. Slow cook the meat and put it over salads. If you have rice (and you can have 1/2 to 1 cup depending on your calories count). Cook that and then cook the meat and put over it. Do you have a grill? Will a neighbor let you borrow one?
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!sorry to hear about your stove.Most of those meats can be made in the crock pot adding different sauces,etc.They have a lot of websites for crockpot recipes.I use mine all the time.i`ve made pork chops with bar.que sauce or just cook with veg or onions.Chili,roast takes good with veg and some spices.
    Hope you get your stove fixed soon.Good luck!!
    jane
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    i have stew meat, pork chops, ribs, steak, ground turkey, chicken thighs, ground beef....what can i do with these in the crock pot. i know obviously stew with the stew meat, but id prefer not to have stew again. we just had it the other night. but i need more suggestions!!

Not a problem. No stressing. I abuse my crock pot. FYI - ribs are simply AMAZING in the crockpot. Put them in the bottom, cover with sauce and a little water and leave it alone until dinner. Ground turkey or ground beef would make a fabulous chili. Chicken and dumplings with the thighs...um...really, you can make anything in the crockpot.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    U can do the ribs in the slow cooker or chilli
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You can put your pork chops in the crock pot, cover them with your fave BBQ sauce, and after slow cooking all day, it makes fab pulled pork! So tender. Could do sandwiches with it, or burritos, or even put it on a salad. You didn't list chicken breasts, but if you have them, you can do pretty much the same thing as the pork, only use salsa instead of BBQ sauce.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    if you have cream of mushroom or any cream soup you can put it over the chicken and cook in the cook pot on low for 8 hrs put the sauce over rice or noodles, you can do a sweet and sour type thing with the pork chops if you have pineapple and brown sugar with a little vinegar. You can do a soup with the ground turkey, just add whatever you have veggies, rice , noodles or potatoes, I make a taco soup with ground turkey, corn, tomatoes, kidney beans and add taco seasoning . I hope this helps. I suggest going on the internet and looking up crockpot recipes also you can use an outside grill or toaster oven if you have one.....
  • SHIRLEYW02
    Options
    i have made meat loaf in crock pot,with whole potatos..spray pam in crock pot.put your washed potatos in crock pot. then add meat loaf on top of potatos. cook. it is so good. easy
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    Stove and oven combined?
    yes
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    Use the grill if you have one. I grilled out during our last snow storm.
    well use it if it doesnt rain. but its looking like it will.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    For dinner right now I am having chicken breasts, but thighs would work, that I put in the crockpot with onions, green pepper, Mrs. Dash Spicy, a can of diced tomatoes and just a smidgen of sugar. You could tweak all these ingredients. It is tasting great. I am having broccoli I nuked and a salad. Yum!
  • melissaivie
    Options
    Here's my tip: Go to www.allrecipes.com. Search by ingredient (pork chop) and then the Keyword "slow cooker." You should find at least a dozen options for your chops. :) And bonus - lots of the recipes have nutritional information on them so you can gauge whether they will look good on your MFP daily log. Enjoy!!

2578306.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Look up turkey chili on the website allrecipe.com or look under recipes here. Turkey chili is delicious in the crockpot! My wife makes it like once a week or so here in the crockpot. We usually get six servings in a fairly small pot and 2 servings run right around 400-440 calories depending on what you add. Very hearty and filling!

Good luck! Hope the landlord is quick with the replacement for you!

Matt
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    "Hawaiian chicken thighs"

If you have he following:
    Teriyaki
    Raisins
    Pineapple

Throw the chicken, teriyaki, raisins, and pineapple in th crock pot, add a little water, as needed to keep the chicken from drying out, cook on low for 6-8 hours. Last 30-45 mins, add rice to the pot, and let it cook in the liquid. Sweet, moist, and delicious.