What would you do with boiled chicken?

Options
tanniew78
tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
I am scrambling for ideas here. VERY low on stuff. So what are things you like to do with boiled chicken? I have already done the chicken salad thing recently...

Replies

• MarieRich
    MarieRich Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    we have taco seasoning and tortilla chips. Yum! Or with salsa if you prefer.
  • fcbryant75
    fcbryant75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You could shred it and put it in a pita with some veggies, enchiladas, tacos, or a casserole with lots of veggies.
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    hmmm Instead of boiling maybe you can let it soak in lemon juice and grill it and add crushed red pepper. It would make it more interesting for taste and its healthy
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    you could make chicken quesidillas low fat..i do that. my kids love em
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    shred or chunk it and put it in a tortilla for a burrito or quesadilla!
  • mrsdstarks
    Options
    Just today for lunch I boiled my chicken, added veggies, and put it over brown rice.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    tacos? saute with salsa or tomato sauce? soup .... if you saved the broth just add veggies and maybe some noodles? that's all I can think of. bon appetit!
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    Chicken quesadillas...using low fat or low carb wraps...or Chicken/Bean burrrito,,,or chicken soup....chicken and rice, chicken pot pie using the reduced fat croissant roles, lettuce wraps with peanut chicken
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use boiled chicken in Chicken Wraps.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Have enough stuff for soup, like a simple chicken noodle or chicken & vegetable soup? Chicken quesadilla or chicken tacos? Chicken lettuce wraps (add soy sauce, honey, and garlic to make a simple sauce)? Shred it and mix in barbecue sauce and serve on a bun or bread.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    shred, add to some tomato sauce, spice it like spagetti sauce, add some bell peppers and onions (simmer for a while)..... eat over whole wheat pasta!~!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Gumbo, baby.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Burrito, soft tacos, pasta, stir-fry...
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Quiche-- made with the egg beaters/ egg whites and fat free cheese.
  • mroper1
    mroper1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Make white chicken chili....great northern beans drained and rinsed, chicken broth, jalepeno's, onions, cumin and red pepper flakes. Very low fat and high protein, not too mention delicious!
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Shred it, add a small amount of water or chicken broth, and then cayenne pepper & cumin to taste. Heat through, wrap in soft tortillas, add lettuce, salsa, etc for soft chicken tacos. No tortillas? Add black beans, diced tomatoes & little brown rice to the chicken mixture instead. You can still top it with typical taco stuff.
  • JJMS
    JJMS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yum, I havent thought about a quiche, and with all these egg whites I am eating that would be a great way to combine my whites, chicken and spinach tomorrow morning! Thanks :)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    chicken tortilla soup!! keep the broth water from where you boiled chicken. shred chicken. on the broth water, add can tomato sauce, rotel, some spices you might like (i add creole seasoning) and any veggies you have in hand.

or yoou can make spanish flautas (chicken taquitos). shred chicken. warm up a few corn tortillas in the microwave until very soft to bend. put some chicken on side of tortilla and roll thin. you can hold it in place with toothpicks. heat some cooking oil on the skillet. when hot enought, fry the taquitos on one side and turn over. they are done when they lightly brown. add some guacamole and low fat sour cream and you got a meal!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There are endless possibilities with chicken! Some of my favorites are, chicken chili, fajitas, chicken soup, lemon chicken, chicken with grilled veggies, & spinach stuffed chicken.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    hmmm Instead of boiling maybe you can let it soak in lemon juice and grill it and add crushed red pepper. It would make it more interesting for taste and its healthy

well its bone in breasts, so my cooking options are limited, cuz you wanna make sure the meat around the bone is cooked through. Or... i do anyways. lol.