Need to RANT!

Options

Replies

• ERapp01
    ERapp01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have weighed the same amount for 3 weeks, and watching everything that I eat. I went to a party and have a slice of cake some candy. I finally lost 2 more pounds this week.

Thank you TREATS!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    you know, i dont undertand how it is ANYONE's business telling ANYONE what or what they should or shouldnt eat. eff you. im human. im also allowed to eat what i want...and how do they know that you might be going to the gym later to work off said treat, and even if you arent going to work it off, who the hell cares? gawd, i hate people sometimes.
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have weighed the same amount for 3 weeks, and watching everything that I eat. I went to a party and have a slice of cake some candy. I finally lost 2 more pounds this week.

Thank you TREATS!

YAY for treats there fab ! I must have ate junk when i was not eating healthy because now i still eat a bit of junk n im still losing woooo!
  • buchmansrus
    buchmansrus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Rant away. I think everybody pretty much summed it up.

You need to treat yourself. If I listened and worried about what everybody else said, I'd be fat and depressed (WHICH is what got me here in the first place)

I personally know that if I dont treat myself something small daily, I will binge like crazy, then I will get depressed which will lead me to more eating.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    seriously annoyed at some people on this site telling you off for having treats! treats are that treats - today I have had lots due to birthdays and slight depression - if i want chocolate il have it thankyou and i will work it off ! if i go over my sugar allowance once or twice a week I AM ALLOWED I AM AN ADULT

Sorry to all those who are really supportive your all fab ! but really got peeved

xxxx

I totally understand where you are coming from and those of you that indulge in treats - that is your choice.

Some of us can not go that route because it sets up the cravings - we don't want to be told to go ahead and indulge every once in a while or that we are thinking we are high and mighty because we travel a straight and narrow path.

That works both ways.

And for the poster that says that not having treats sets up for binges, that doesn't work for everyone either. Some of us will bing if we have a treat.
  • pippie1990
    pippie1990 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    if you dont have some of the things you want you only crave them more.... i have found that to be my downfall in the past i stop myself from having 'unhealthy' foods and then end up bingeing on them and feel worse for it... wheres as the diet i am on now i just have to work it into my limits if i have a treat it means i have to do some extra exercise or save some of my points to go towards it... and i have been only doing mine for a couple of weeks and already lost half a stone.
  • lotty1987
    Options
    the point of my rant was to ensure that the person understood it is MY journey and if i want chocolate i will have it - not that people should not eat it because i understand some people have cravings and if they feed them they eat more - believe me i am the same but i find that if i want something - i cut it in half n throw the other in the bin - i understand this is a waste but even in my dark mind i will never go into the bin to retrieve chocolate lol x good luck x
  • Amaris1973
    Amaris1973 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hear you sweetie. I can only do this if I can have some treats Friday and Saturday. Today mine have been sausage and egg buttie (sandwich if your not from Yorkshire) and a bottle of white wine. I can keep going for 5 days if I know I can reward myself. I try to keep some tabs on it, so today I am over my calories by 250, but still 500-700 lower that I used to eat month ago every single day. And I have still managed to drop 19 pounds in the last 5 weeks We are all individuals and we have to find the way that works for us. Add me as a friend, sounds like you could do with ditching some!

Ginourmous hugs hun xxxx
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have a treat everyonce in awhile I would end up bingeing on something. It doesn't seem to be affecting my weight loss.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Lol .... good for you .... my treat happens to be alcohol :-)

Mine too this is a lifestyle change people not a punishment! It's okay to treat yourself!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    WOW...people are getting scolded for what thei caloric intake...LOL...THE NERVES! Well I guess it's part of human nature. We love to judge. AW, this is a way to a HEALTHY lifestyle not a Perfect Lifestyle. You have to do it in a way that is sustainable for you. Even the Healthiest and FIT individual have treats. NO one wants to live a long miserable life. Keep doing what works for YOU...DON'T let anyone dictate what you can and can not do. :flowerforyou: Best of Luck!
  • shellyxxxxx
    shellyxxxxx Posts: 143
    Options
    i couldnt live with my chocolate im a chocoholic lol who cares i no what im eating and try to burn it off x do what you all want i say stuff other peoples views x they carnt be good friends anyway x
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    Lol .... good for you .... my treat happens to be alcohol :-)
    Me too, I'm just waiting for someone to scold me about all ALL THAT WINE!!!!!

HOW COULD YOU DRINK WINE?!?!?
    (without sending any to me....... :laugh: )

I'm in the "everything in moderation" camp here, if I am craving something with chocolate then I will have a little bit of it.
    I don't see the point in depriving myself and making myself miserable just so I can lose that extra 1lb a week or month.
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've been allowing myself treats as long as it fits within my calories for the day or the occasional "free" meal, I don't see anything wrong with it!

But after watching an episode of "HEAVY" I started thinking about my choices for little treats. There was one contestant that was hiding food at the facility. She made the same argument that it's not that many calories, why can't she have just a little? What was the big deal? They made a huge thing about it on the show... so, I'm wondering if I'm missing something? Is there really a big deal about a treat every now in then in moderation?
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Well, those people would lose their minds if they knew what I ate some days!! LOL!! I am a firm believer that if you want a candy bar - EAT ONE! But you better make caloric allowances for that. Either do an extra 30 minutes of cardio, forgo 250 calories from your daily allowence. A calorie is a calorie.
  • samyshape
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said. I am in Iraq right now and I am tryinng to stay in good shape and get thinner. I don't have the guy from the movie thinner to make me thin I have to do it myself. And usually when I do eat treats I go overboard. Cravings kill me but I work my butt off to make up for it. As long as you are content in what you are doing it really does not matter what anyone else says or thinks. Please yourself because you are the only one that can.
  • Jessabi93
    Jessabi93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you! I would go crazy if I didn't have treats every now and again. In fact, I've never deprived myself of anything, just LESS of it. Heck, there were a few weeks back that me and my family were having a dessert every night after dinner and I STILL lost weight because I made sure it fit into my calories for the day and I was exercising.

Tonight I've just finished a takeaway pepperoni pizza and it tasted GREAT! I feel slightly guilty, but I know I'll be back on track tomorrow and raring to go for next week. I don't have big treats like that often so I'm not going to overly scold myself for it.
  • lotty1987
    Options
    haha love it !
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    wtf who's been giving you **** for that?
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've been allowing myself treats as long as it fits within my calories for the day or the occasional "free" meal, I don't see anything wrong with it!

But after watching an episode of "HEAVY" I started thinking about my choices for little treats. There was one contestant that was hiding food at the facility. She made the same argument that it's not that many calories, why can't she have just a little? What was the big deal? They made a huge thing about it on the show... so, I'm wondering if I'm missing something? Is there really a big deal about a treat every now in then in moderation?

I saw that episode. The problem that contestant had was she was addicted to food. At one point she told the nutritionist that peanut butter cups were a trigger for her. They found her hiding peanut butter and other chocolate covered treats. That's what was so wrong about a little treat for that person, she was addicted to food and that was her trigger!

I don't consider having candy, cake, or any other sweet a treat...it's just something I ate that day. If I don't make a big deal about having it, then it doesn't become a big deal. Like others have said, all things in moderation. By the way get rid of those friends who are not supportive of you! Good luck!