What are your weekend fitness plans??

Options
2»

Replies

• greeneyedboobaby
    Options
    Hi shore! Im new to this site and am learning ALOT!!!! I just started one week ago. I have been keeping up with my calories but havn't started working out yet. any suggestions where to start? I too am a diabetic (type 2). also, i had a sleep study done last night so i feel pretty wrotten right now!!!!!! I am always TIRED so the thought of working out is overwhelming but i know i need to. My doc has already told me that if i loose the weight all my health problems will fix themselves...........

I admire your accomplishments and what you stand for!!!!!!!!!!

:smile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hi shore! Im new to this site and am learning ALOT!!!! I just started one week ago. I have been keeping up with my calories but havn't started working out yet. any suggestions where to start? I too am a diabetic (type 2). also, i had a sleep study done last night so i feel pretty wrotten right now!!!!!! I am always TIRED so the thought of working out is overwhelming but i know i need to. My doc has already told me that if i loose the weight all my health problems will fix themselves...........

Well, of course I'll suggest bicycling! Easy on the joints, fun, and you can go as far and as fast as you wish. Burns up great calories, too. If you don't have a bike, then just start walking. Any amount of exercise will have a great impact on your levels.

Not sure if all your health problems will "fix themselves" though. I know that no matter how healthy I get, I'll always be a diabetic (type 2 as well), so am resigned to that. BUT, my goal is to get where it's controlled by diet and exercise. So far, I've managed to get rid of one of my diabetic pills and come off the cholesterol pill as well.
  • pecksun8
    Options
    heh hee...a little walking and some GC.:wink:

• greeneyedboobaby
    Options
    Thats my goal too. I currently take 1000 mg metformin twice daily. I would like to get off the meds.
    No i don't own a bike but i can walk...............thanks for the feedback:wink:
  • greeneyedboobaby
    Options
    GC? ????
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    We are going bowling later on today. And tomorrow, it it is not raining, I am planning on going outdoors for a long run. Have a great one!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Hi! I too could not stand the thought of exercise. I was so tired. I started with a walk. A simple walk with music, which always gets me moving faster. I burned 150 cals from that walk, not much but a real start.
    Now I walk 2 miles in 35-40 minutes, have worked up to jogging part of that time (a SMALL part but still doing it!!)
    I have to say I am no longer tired all the time. I think the exercise,and better eating habits, have helped me sleep better. Also my energy levels are up, up up.
    It takes a little time but keep a journal of how you feel now, and add to it every day. This is a great way to see your accomplishments and changes.
    Good luck:flowerforyou:

Oh-and I planned on sitting around and veggiing this weekend, but now I guess I have to get off my lazy butt and go to the walking park. Bringing DH who just agreed to go.:noway: ..OMG...this should be interesting!:glasses:

Thanks for the post Shorerider!
  • greeneyedboobaby
    Options

Hi! I too could not stand the thought of exercise. I was so tired. I started with a walk. A simple walk with music, which always gets me moving faster. I burned 150 cals from that walk, not much but a real start.
    Now I walk 2 miles in 35-40 minutes, have worked up to jogging part of that time (a SMALL part but still doing it!!)
    I have to say I am no longer tired all the time. I think the exercise,and better eating habits, have helped me sleep better. Also my energy levels are up, up up.
    It takes a little time but keep a journal of how you feel now, and add to it every day. This is a great way to see your accomplishments and changes.
    Good luck:flowerforyou:

Oh-and I planned on sitting around and veggiing this weekend, but now I guess I have to get off my lazy butt and go to the walking park. Bringing DH who just agreed to go.:noway: ..OMG...this should be interesting!:glasses:

Thanks for the post Shorerider!
  • greeneyedboobaby
    Options
    Well that didnt work so lets do it this way.....lol..i told yall i was new at this .....anyways....(awty) wanna hold each other accountable this weekend? i will check in with you and let you know how and what i did to get off my lazy behind and get the ball rolling!!!!! Gotta start somewhere right? :flowerforyou:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Started training about 5 weeks ago for my 3 day (60 miles for Breast Cancer) so getting ready to head out for a 14 mile walk....might try to go to the gym tomorrow Ü Hope everyone has a blessed day! I need to get back on these boards!!!!!
    Blessings!

I told my hubby that I wanted to do that but we dont have the Money right now for it and he has no more vaca time to take off to watch the kids. So I have already planned it for next year. Where are you doing yours? Tell me how it goes afterwards.

Connie
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Started training about 5 weeks ago for my 3 day (60 miles for Breast Cancer) so getting ready to head out for a 14 mile walk....might try to go to the gym tomorrow Ü Hope everyone has a blessed day! I need to get back on these boards!!!!!
    Blessings!

I told my hubby that I wanted to do that but we dont have the Money right now for it and he has no more vaca time to take off to watch the kids. So I have already planned it for next year. Where are you doing yours? Tell me how it goes afterwards.

Connie

This is my 2nd 3 day...trained in so-cal last year but walked in Arizona with my best friend...this year will walk San Diego....our plan it to walk every city...(thats the 'plan' Ü) Might crew next year in Seattle and Walk either San Diego or another city....
    It is truly AMAZING!!!!! And unless you cant get people to donate (having a really hard time this year!!) it wont cost you anything.....well, 2 pairs of GOOD walking shoes is about it.....and we train Saturday mornings every weekend from about the 1st of August until the walk in November and 1 saturday/sunday combo a month.....I do walk during the week but only really short walks (under 5 miles usually)....I hope you can do it next year...what city will you walk in??? I will answer any questions you will have :wink:
    Blessings!
    Kathey, who got her VERY 1st blister EVER in training!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 10K race this morning. I'll probably take my bike for a spin tomorrow depending on the weather!

BTW, shorerider, I LOVE your bike jersey! Holy rollers... that's great!

Jess

10K :noway: WOW! Give a report when you get done. Gessh, that'd take me half a day!

Thanks! I posted a report in the Runner's section if you want to check it out! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/25266-saturday-sept-13th-mfp-runners-club

Jess
  • Jules4506
    Options
    I don't know that I would say it was fun but my brother and I walked 12 miles this morning! We started at 6 a.m. and finished about 4 and a half hours later. We are training for the Breast Cancer 3 Day in November...and let me tell you, its a great way to force yourself to burn calories!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I would say it was fun but my brother and I walked 12 miles this morning! We started at 6 a.m. and finished about 4 and a half hours later. We are training for the Breast Cancer 3 Day in November...and let me tell you, its a great way to force yourself to burn calories!

Very COOL! We did a 14 mile training walk this morning and finished in about 3.5 hours. Is this your 1st walk? You must be doing either San Diego or Arizona? I did arizona last year and am doing San Diego this year....how is your fundraising going? And your training?
    Congrats on your 12 mile walk! Keep it up and HYDRATE!!! :wink:
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    well this weekend is my moving weekend, so other than moving/carrying/unpacking stuff... pretty much nothing
    unfortunately, i didnt lift any of the heavy stuff yesterday and we had KFC for lunch, but today we have to carry boxes up a flight of stairs so here's hoping it burns and burns good
  • hrdyboyzlita
    Options
    I had the cat bus come pick me up today and take me to the gym at unlv. I did a 2 hour workout. I rode the bike for 10 minutes, walked 6 laps on the track without stopping. Which is good for me because I have trouble walking long time before having to sit down. And I did tons of stretching excercises that Hayley Hollander taught me. Did a few machines but that was it. Sunday I didn't arrange for bus but maybe will ride my bike the the gym here even though its crappy can get a workout. Rather go to the gym at UNLV

Peter
  • Jules4506
    Options

Very COOL! We did a 14 mile training walk this morning and finished in about 3.5 hours. Is this your 1st walk? You must be doing either San Diego or Arizona? I did arizona last year and am doing San Diego this year....how is your fundraising going? And your training?
    Congrats on your 12 mile walk! Keep it up and HYDRATE!!! :wink:
    This will be my first walk but my brother did it last year and is walking with me. It will be nice to have an experienced walker with me. Fundraising is not going particularly well...I'm at 700.00 and 7 weeks to go. Training, on the other hand, is going well....I walk 3 to 4 times a week 4-5 miles and then a big walk every weekend. We are kicking it up to 14 miles next weekend. We are walking in Dallas.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    5 buddies and I are doing the Rosarito-Ensenada Bike ride. It's 52 miles, about 2/3 of it is right along the beach. It's a road ride, but I have a mountain bike, so I'm pretty slow. Almost the entire route the road is lined with people who come out to cheer you on. All the bikers carry candy and throw it to the children along the route. It has a real community party event feeling. I get to enjoy all that's wonderful about Mexico without any of the problems. It's a fundraiser for the Cruz Roja (Red Cross) in Baja California. Unfortunately, due to the problems in Mexico the number of riders has declined from 10,000 to 5,000 and they say that this will be the last one.