How much did you lose in the first week?

Options

Replies

• chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    This thread is depressing. I lost 1lb :(
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    You'll lose a lot of water weight and extra from the "shock" to your system. It's probable that your weight loss will slow down after a month or so. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!
  • barbmpac
    barbmpac Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    9 pounds,
  • Sweetlost
    Sweetlost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    so did you eat all you exercise calories or just your normal calorie?
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Big fat 0 ..... probably because I have had christening parties (full day and night drinking and eating!) and weddings for the last month... haven't lost anything at all yet! lol ... but also haven't gained either ;)
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    4 pounds the first week, followed by 6 the next and 7 during the third! I really can't believe how well it's going!

It may be too fast, but I'll take it while it's happening. I know it'll probably slow down after a while, but results like this keep me motivated to stick with it. I figure that by the time it slows down, I won't mind because I'll look and feel so much better anyway. I already can feel my body changing from the better foods and the increased activity.

I have cut to about 1200-1500 calories per day (before exercise, not net) and am not hungry for more. Amazing because 1200 used to be a snack for me! I also started walking and do 2 miles twice a day for a total of 4 miles every day, without fail. Sometimes I even throw in a bonus mile during my lunch hour. After a couple of weeks, it became such a habit that it's just automatic now - and I don't need to "convince" myself to get off the couch and go walking. I download books on tape from the library website (it's free), pop on the headphones and go.

The other thing that keeps me motivated is hearing someone ask "how much weight have you lost?" Especially coming from a random coworker who doesn't even know I am trying to lose weight. What a great feeling. Can't say as I have ever had that happen before last week. How cool was that? It really made my day.

My goal is 100 pounds and I hit my 20 pound mark today - 23 days in. I was so happy that I was giving MYSELF high 5's!

Sorry if it sounds like I am bragging, but I am just so damned excited that I wanted to share my success with people who can relate to it. Every here at home is skinny, so they don't really get the feelings that come with dropping the weight.
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I lost 5.4lbs the first week but only 0.6lbs then second. Didn't really change anything from one week to the other, about the same amount of calories & exercise, hoping for a good week this Tuesday.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    4 pounds the first week, followed by 6 the next and 7 during the third! I really can't believe how well it's going!

It may be too fast, but I'll take it while it's happening. I know it'll probably slow down after a while, but results like this keep me motivated to stick with it. I figure that by the time it slows down, I won't mind because I'll look and feel so much better anyway. I already can feel my body changing from the better foods and the increased activity.

I have cut to about 1200-1500 calories per day (before exercise, not net) and am not hungry for more. Amazing because 1200 used to be a snack for me! I also started walking and do 2 miles twice a day for a total of 4 miles every day, without fail. Sometimes I even throw in a bonus mile during my lunch hour. After a couple of weeks, it became such a habit that it's just automatic now - and I don't need to "convince" myself to get off the couch and go walking. I download books on tape from the library website (it's free), pop on the headphones and go.

The other thing that keeps me motivated is hearing someone ask "how much weight have you lost?" Especially coming from a random coworker who doesn't even know I am trying to lose weight. What a great feeling. Can't say as I have ever had that happen before last week. How cool was that? It really made my day.

My goal is 100 pounds and I hit my 20 pound mark today - 23 days in. I was so happy that I was giving MYSELF high 5's!

Sorry if it sounds like I am bragging, but I am just so damned excited that I wanted to share my success with people who can relate to it. Every here at home is skinny, so they don't really get the feelings that come with dropping the weight.

I saw your mini goal is to lose 80 pounds by June or July.

Be careful; you don't want to gain all of the weight back as soon as you start eating the number of calories to maintain.
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Down 6 lbs :) I try to eat about half my exercise calories back!
  • zabih
    zabih Posts: 18
    Options
    that is awesome
    Im on day 5 of my first week and Im down 4 pound as of this morning.
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    3lbs the first week and then average about 4lbs a week.
  • munchkinbabe
    Options
    I didn't loose anything. I only need to loose 10 pounds, but nothing is happening yet. Is this normal for the first week?
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    8 lbs!
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    3 pounds! =]
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. And I appreciate your concern. I set that as my goal, but I don't see it happening because I am sure that things will slow down by then. It's a great target for me to aim for though, so I keep it in my mind so I know where I am heading. Will I be dissapointed if it doesn't happen? Not at all, because I will celebrate whatever success I have been fortunate enough to achieve.

Honestly, I believe that I can keep it off and maintain the changes that I have made in my life. It may be pie in the sky thinking, but things feel different to me this time. Other weight loss attempts have lasted like two days and I have forced myself to last even that long. This one just seems different somehow.

The best way that I can explain it is like when you talk to a recovering alcoholic or drug addict and they tell you that they couldn't quit until the time was right for them. That's what I feel like. I don't crave the foods I am not eating. I WANT to go walking. I eat all throughout the day but I just eat better, healthier foods and I enjoy it. I think the time was just right for me to make the changes that I knew down deep I needed to make all along. Because I don't really feel like I am dieting or working some new plan. This is just what I do now and I feel really comfortable with it. Oddly, scarily comfortable, because I have never felt like that before.

Of course, I know I am heady with the euphoria of early successes and a lot of that initial success is because I have a lot of belly fat that is just sitting there waiting to be burned off. But if sheer determination counts for anything, I am motivated like I have never felt before in my life.
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    6 lbs first week. 1.6 second week. 2.4 third week. Lost 10 pounds using MFP. Hoping that I continue to lose around 2 pounds a week.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    I think the first couple weeks are the quickest in pounds lost. This is only my hypothesis, but your body has a lot of short-term stores that are quickly and easily eaten away. It's when you get to the long-term stores that it starts putting up a fight (I think I'm getting to mine at the moment after 2 months and 18 pounds lost - 2 pounds shy of "healthy").
  • lavparedes
    Options
    just 2 lbs..haha
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i lost 3lbs i think! cant remember!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    2.4 and I was and still am very proud.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!