Low Cal Alcoholic Drinks

Options
I know that alcohol can be filled with calories, but looking for some low cal options. Please share!:drinker:

Replies

• vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    Wine is about the best.
  • drjeremy
    drjeremy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you like beer. Bud select 55 is awsome!
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Vodka + soda (instead of tonic or juice).
  • GinoATC
    GinoATC Posts: 60
    Options
    vodka/rum +
    - lite cranberry
    - anything diet
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Unflavored vodka in diet coke, or tonic water :) That will be about 60-70 calories per shot depending on vodka brand.
  • mikey_s
    mikey_s Posts: 1
    Options
    Sprite zero & a shot of Patron
    Grey Goose Rose Kennedy - Vodka, Club Soda (soda water), splash of cranberry with a lime wedge

I can't find Mike's hard light lemonade anymore :-(...so disappointing!
  • xoang175ox
    Options
    coors lite =)
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Skinnytinis.com has recipes for low cal drinks. Bajabobs.com has zero cal, low cal, and zero to low sugar cocktail mixes.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Scotch (Dewar's White Label) is 60 calories per shot. Mix with water or sip it on the rocks.
  • kozmik29
    kozmik29 Posts: 2
    Options
    i've been doing eat smart & weight loss classes at the gym - they can't stress enough that it's not the low joule or less carbs etc that helps - the alcohol is the part that has all the energy/calories. ie: per gram of food fat has 37kj of energy, alcohol is 2nd with 29kj & protein & carbs have 16/17kjs per gram. Also, as alcohol is the most refined of sugars, the body has to put all other energy sources aside to process it - as the instructor said in laymens terms - anything you eat while drinking just gets stored to your butt until it's finished processing the alcohol. which means processing less testosterone, which means less muscle building which means slower metabolic rate. I learnt a lot last week! & I'm also learning to curb the amount of alcohol i'm drinking!! that's coming from someone who's been drinking a couple of wines every other night & even more on the weekends :-)
  • CNYKrista
    CNYKrista Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • GinaJ2006
    GinaJ2006 Posts: 67
    Options
    i've been doing eat smart & weight loss classes at the gym - they can't stress enough that it's not the low joule or less carbs etc that helps - the alcohol is the part that has all the energy/calories. ie: per gram of food fat has 37kj of energy, alcohol is 2nd with 29kj & protein & carbs have 16/17kjs per gram. Also, as alcohol is the most refined of sugars, the body has to put all other energy sources aside to process it - as the instructor said in laymens terms - anything you eat while drinking just gets stored to your butt until it's finished processing the alcohol. which means processing less testosterone, which means less muscle building which means slower metabolic rate. I learnt a lot last week! & I'm also learning to curb the amount of alcohol i'm drinking!! that's coming from someone who's been drinking a couple of wines every other night & even more on the weekends :-)

way to burst my bubble!! j/k thanks for the info, now I understand it more
  • AnKaLi
    AnKaLi Posts: 8
    Options
    Honestly, Bud Select is not good. If you want a light beer stick to Amstel Light - 90 calories and so much flavor.

Wine is great.

If I'm drinking liquor I usually have Whiskey and diet sprite or whiskey and coke zero.

I know that alcohol can tank your weight-loss, but I'm not giving it up.
    :-)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    my go-to's:
    cherry vodka + sugar free red bull

vanilla vodka + diet coke or coke zero or pepsi max

both are about 65-70 cals a drink.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    The higher the alcohol content, the higher the calories. This is because you body burns ethanol very similarly to sugar.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I usually get a Jack and water or a vodka martini.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I'll be having Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka (69 calories per oz) with Ocean Spray Diet Blueberry Juice (5 cal per 8 oz). Tastes amaaaaazing. Like blueberry pie with whipped cream.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    rum & diet coke is what I was drinking last night 65 calories each I think
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    vodka/rum +
    - lite cranberry
    - anything diet

I second this!

Oh and there was another thread recently where someone suggested vanilla vodka and diet orange soda...they said it tastes like an orange creamsicle...I'm dying to try that. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream vodka is delish with Tropicanna Diet Orangeade, but the orangeade is hard to find in stores and they might not make it anymore. My husband works for Pepsi and they don't have any bottles of it. :sad: