Sweet cravings

Options
Why do I always crave sweet stuff??!! How can lessen the cravings? any suggestions?
You can view my diary and you'll see I eat alot of sweets :o( - any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
Kellie

Replies

• Skolls081102
    Options
    I'm with you. I've found my cravings for sweets have started to subside (they're not gone) just less often. I've also found, sugar free fat free pudding, weight watchers ice cream bars (which I rarely eat due to the sugar) andd lots of fruit!!! You just have to find something to replace your "sweets" with. I even really really enjoy my Pure Protien Bars.....lol
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    When i crave sweets i give in once a day. I only eat a few calories worth. Satisfies my craving but i still feel good about it
  • lockedonna
    Options
    I still bake the same things and have some sweets...I just limit how much my serving is. I also buy the 100 calorie pack chocolate covered pretzels for work days. I have so many choices of brownies, cakes, pastries, candy, etc at work if I want to purchase them but so, so many calories - so I try to have something on hand to fill the void. Try to find something with the biggest amount of satisfaction with the least amount of calories and make sure you have it on hand. Good luck.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I have 2 things I turn too when craving sweets (chocolate for me). I either eat a chocolate rice cake with peanut butter or (my favorite) an apple or strawberries dipped in no sugar Hershey's chocolate syrup which has like 15 calories for 2 TBSP!
  • sm26davis
    sm26davis Posts: 52
    Options
    Im a huge sweets person. I have been drinking shakeology for the past week and it has helped me with the sweet and chocolate cravings.
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    jello mousse temptations taste wonderful, like they are chalked full of calories and sweet goodness! but in reality they are sugar free and 60 calories!! :P i had one even tonight! :) good luck!!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If you really want to lose the cravings, you'll have to limit your intake of sweets, including carbs - esp the ones with white flour! The cravings are related to what the sugar does to your insulin and hormones....it's a real physical response to the sugar in your body.

Wish there was an easier way....