Wii games!!

Options
Hi, does anyone know what the best calorie burning, heart pumping games on Wii are? I already have Wii fit, Wii fit plus, My fitness coach-Dance workout and My fitness coach-cardio workout!!

Replies

• tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of wii games, and I would like to know as well. I have Wii Fit, Active Personal Trainer, Just Dance and Just Dance 2.

If you do the JD2 sweat program, it says for every 4.2 sweat drops = 1 calorie burned. But when I calculate mine, it seems awful high of a burn.

But I hope to get a HRM soon, so I can tell which one of my games are working for me.
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    I am new to Wii but Zumba I burn anywhere from 500-550 in 45 minutes on my HRM. Do not get Gold's Gym Dance, the system stops after each set to load the new workout, you can never burn up a sweat. I am taking that one and trading it in for something else. Would love suggestions from others too!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active (and Extra Workouts at 2) are great, and Zumba is awesome. I don't love the Jenny McCarthy workout, but I read last night that it is $9 at Toys R Us.

I also like Wii Sports Resort for a lot of squatting. If that matters.
  • handstand
    handstand Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have used Active Personal trainer, just dance 1 & 2, wii fit plus and sports resort. I have just got active 2 personal trainer for Christmas and it seems to be more intense than the first one.
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories Wii Zumba burns?
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know what the best calorie burning, heart pumping games on Wii are? I already have Wii fit, Wii fit plus, My fitness coach-Dance workout and My fitness coach-cardio workout!!

Cycling on Wii Fit Plus is a killer, for me! I love Rhythm Boxing (it's my warm-up) and I really shouldn't have done the 6 min hoola hooping!!!!!!!!!! Ouch!!!!!!

For the fun element, Just Dance 1&2 are great and depending on how much effort you put into the songs, are a good workout!
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I have both just dance games and the jillian michaels 2010 ultimatum. I love them all but I am building up my library so I will have more variety. I use these on the days that I can't make it to the gym. I a plan on getting zumba next.
  • brittney72909
    Options
    I am new to Wii but Zumba I burn anywhere from 500-550 in 45 minutes on my HRM. Do not get Gold's Gym Dance, the system stops after each set to load the new workout, you can never burn up a sweat. I am taking that one and trading it in for something else. Would love suggestions from others too!

I just bought that game the other day(golds gym dance), and i am tempted to take it back already. it's STUPID!!!
  • tashasbaby
    Options
    Thanks everyone, the zumba game is a bit pricey for me at the moment but i will get it soon, just dance sounds good! Has anyone tried the biggest loser? Is it any good?
    Keep these ideas coming, thanks x
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    EA Active is an AMAZING workout! I use that, Wii Fit, and Just Dance 2. All fun while getting a good workout in!
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    I've been using the Jilian Michaels fitness ultimatum 2010, I like how there are workouts already programed into it, and you can make your own. The scale seems a bit off though, only because it will show at 5-10lb flux day to day, and I always weigh at the same time of day.
    I've been eyeing the Zumba, and now that I've read this post, I think I will buy it. I have just dance 2, but have only done it once, from reading, it seems I should be on it more! ☺
    Thanks for the question, and thanks everybody for the awesome imput!
  • tlboyer1
    tlboyer1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used the wii active for awhile because I couldn't afford the gym. I really loved it and was really beat by the end of a workout. You can use the wii fit active board with it but you don't have to. It has a daily journal and a weight/fitness tracker. It also gives you trophies to encourage you. I would definitely recommend it.
  • mrsbolanos
    mrsbolanos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am using EA Sports Active 2 and LOVE it. It has a heart rate monitor and a leg strap so you don't really need the Wii-mote for most of the activities. I burn around 300 calories in 30 minutes. It's a great workout!
  • bknight19
    Options
    I disagree with the other user. I burn up a sweat with Golds Gym Dance for wii. The game has a whole boxing side to it that is like choreographed boxing to music that really works up a sweat. I use the dance side and it is a good workout but my favorite is the boxing/dancing side of the game. The boxing has beginner/intermediate/advanced workouts. However, the game to get is Wii's EA ACTIVE SPORTS MORE WORKOUTS. I haven't tried EA Active 1 or 2 but I bet they are pretty good. I just have the EA Active More Workouts. It has several different choices for working out including building your own workouts. I like the boxing and the step workouts. I have a step and I just put it in front of the Wii and follow along. Since these two are my favorites, I created a costume workout that goes boxing/step/boxing/step and there are no pauses in between. As far as the pauses in the Gold's gym cardio dance, there arn't any unless you choose to do one at a time. If you pick the preset workout from the trainer, she puts one together based on questions you answer and weight and age, there are no pauses. If you create a costume workout there are no pauses. There may be like 2 seconds in between but my trainer just advised me to walk in place for those two seconds, not a big deal. I actually like this because I take a drink of water and walk in place. I just got Gold's Gym Cardio Workout but haven't done much with it yet because you have to go through the tutorials before you can advance. When I get around to it and progress to the game I will let you know how it turns out. Also, "Walk It Out" for wii is a favorite. Hope this helps.