The New Atkins

Options
Is anyone doing the New Atkins Diet in conjunction with MFP. Today was my first day, I am amazed at how full I feel with the meals. I made the veggie omelet for breakfast and I was full till lunch.

Replies

• all4mykids
    all4mykids Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am actually contemplating that one right now. I have done it before, but did not do it to completion. I will be interested to see what others have to say. Good luck!!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins back in the summer of 2003. I lost 50 pounds in about 3.5 months (see photos in profile). Kept it off mostly for about a year and a half, and then it all came back. I've since decided that I will never try any diet that requires me to cut any one (or two, or three) types of food from my diet completely. It's just no way to live, and if this isn't a way of eating that you're going to live with for the rest of your life, why do it?

Get into the spirit of eating right by moderating all facets of what you're eating in a sustainable way now, and you'll be much more inclined to keep that weight off long term. This shouldn't be about losing weight fast. It should be about losing it in a safe, healthy, life-long way.

Overall: Sure, I lost a good bit of weight, but I think I did more harm than good to myself. I prefer the way I am losing weight now to then.
  • leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have done it for about a week now( I weigh in tomorrow.) It can be a little difficult counting net carbs with MFP but it has been the best way I have found so far to do it. I changed my nutrient settings to show total carbs then fiber so I can quickly analyze my net carb intake. If you want someone to buddy up with just send me a friend request. I do not k ow how much weight I have lost this week but I definitely feel "skinnier". I also find I have more energy. Hope that helps!