Magic the Gathering fans?

Options
WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
Game looks very fun, but too hard to understand. My fiancee goes to tournaments every friday night, and I wish i can just get it..even after trying a round or two. I know the basics..like lands/creatures lol but after that is where I get lost.

Replies

• xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options
    It's.. really not as hard as it looks. There's a little bit of math involved, but nothing difficult :p
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    my husband plays too. i play a little. its pretty fun.
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I used to play quite a bit. It takes someone who can be patient to teach you and then playing the game and stumbling through it a bit, but it can be loads of fun. :bigsmile:
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    is magic RPG, LARP, or just cards? my husband and son are into RPG -- StarWars, RoboTech, etc... and I make fun of them all the time. I know, I'm mean. Sorry. :(
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I play... it's fun once you get the hang of it! We still have questions about game rules that we have to clear up by looking them up online, because there are just so many rules.. lol. It's a lot of fun, very much a strategy game... I love being able to build and craft my own deck... they've gotten pretty "mean" lately, lol!

Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer... I'll do my best to help! Have fun! :)
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I haven't played in years, and have NO clue where all my old cards are, but I used to love it!
    So much time and money spent on that game, lol.
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I play. Just takes practice.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I have 6 of the 4 column white long-boxes...plus a binder full of anything over ten bucks. I used to play back when Beta and Unlimited were actually played, like without sleeves! GASP!

Both my boys (14 and ten) play now, and my collection has made them happy.
    You should've seen when they came home with a few cards of this "cool new game" and tried to show me, and I took them to the closet where my boxes are ! Muahahahaha!

First turn kills? Infinite life? Power 9? Yes I can.
  • p_funk
    p_funk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I never actually played, but have watched it being played a few times. It did look fun, but I just never got into it. I used to play RPG's a lot when I was younger. I used to play D&D, Shadowrun, Twilight 2000 and Marvel super heros.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am "older" and female, so around here thatwas practically unheard of to be playing this game.. I used to play with my son and a few friends, but have not in yrs. I too remember playing with beta cards sleeveless and remember when they allowed a 'dummy' card to be used as the 'precious' card in play, as long as you showed that you had the precious card to put in your deck.

If I can get the basics down then you could also, it really isn't that difficult... just a bit of keeping track.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Oh Lordy....I played when I was around 10-14...I'm 26 now. I wonder where all my old cards are. Hmm...might be time to dig them up and play again.