Firsty 5K

Options
Just got home from running my first 5K race. My time according to the officials was 33:54:09. According to my watch it was 34:16.....I'll accept their time. I finished 182nd out of 477 runners. My victory was completing the race running all the way and not needing an ambulance....

Replies

• gregory05us
    gregory05us Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great time too. Are you addicted now? When's the next one?
  • huskerhoney71
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! I ran my first (and only so far) back in October and loved it! I ran my time at 35:09 and had a complete blast! I truly hope this won't be your last!
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a victory indeed...you should be proud of yourself. What an accomplishment...:smile:
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I hope to do the same next month, and not need an ambulance as well!!
  • caligirl86
    Options
    Wow thats awesome... I am slated for a 5k in April... I need to buckle down with the training.. I figure the worst that could happen is I have to walk.. I am very proud and you should be too... Keep it up!:drinker:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    33 is a GREAT first 5k time. WAY TO GO!
  • supadaverun
    supadaverun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job!
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats! great finish time!
  • scottiechick77
    Options
    WOW that is so awesome. I cant even run/jog for more than 5 minutes! I went a 10km walk the other day and was so so sore the next day... shows me how unfit i am :-(

My friend has penciled me in for a 21km walk/run/jog in August... need to get my butt in gear...
  • tmorford
    tmorford Posts: 38
    Options
    Just got home from running my first 5K race. My time according to the officials was 33:54:09. According to my watch it was 34:16.....I'll accept their time. I finished 182nd out of 477 runners. My victory was completing the race running all the way and not needing an ambulance....

I have never raced before but contemplating doing my first 5K in April... It sounds like this was a positive experience for you and I look forwarded to being hooked.. Do you have any pointers for a 42 yr old, 220lb, flat-footed guy??? :-))

Great Job!!
  • tmorford
    tmorford Posts: 38
    Options
    Not only a great accomplishment on the fitness level - running a 5K in 33, but 86lbs lost..amazing on all fronts
  • ricepattikay
    ricepattikay Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job!! My daughter and I started with MFP Jan. 1, her goal is to run her first 5K in October. You should be SO proud of yourself!!
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    That's amazing! I'm running my first 5k tomorrow, and I'm really quite excited! I unfortunately seem to be coming down with something yucky (been in denial about my sore throat all day, but I'm finally facing the fact that I'm not just unusually thirsty and dry-throated, haha) but I really hope I'll make it without the ambulance. :)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Amazing! My first 5k is April 2nd (on a veryyyy hilly path), and I'm hoping for a time similar to yours. Great job!!!

Any tips?? :smile:
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    Congratulations! Great time too. Are you addicted now? When's the next one?
    My wife says I am addicted. I run about 6 days a week. I might run one in Leesburg next weekend.
  • lbarnett300
    Options

I have never raced before but contemplating doing my first 5K in April... It sounds like this was a positive experience for you and I look forwarded to being hooked.. Do you have any pointers for a 42 yr old, 220lb, flat-footed guy??? :-))

Great Job!!

My tip is don't try to keep up with the sprinters in the beginning. You will be surprised how many you pass back at the 2 mile mark.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    my goal is to do 5K in June :)
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!! And that's a great first 5K time! You are doing SO AWESOME!!! DOWN 86 LBS and running a 5K!! SWEEET!!!

I laughed reading your ambulance comment because that is pretty much exactly what I said to my husband when he asked me what my goal was (he was asking time-wise). I told him my goal was to finish it, no matter how long it took and to not leave in an ambulance!!! =). I think my first 5K was around 36 minutes. WARNING - RACES ARE ADDICTIVE!! =)=)=)

Again, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!