TV/Movie Inspiration

Options
jeromy75
jeromy75 Posts: 112
Have you ever watched a TV show or movie that left you inspired to get in shape after you watched it? I just recently watched the Bourne trilogy. I also watched "the Last Samurai". Both of those movies made me want to get up and do something. How about you guys (and girls)?

Replies

• swilliams26
    swilliams26 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Every time I watch Biggest Loser it motivates me to get in shape. If this people that 400-600 can lose I know I c an.
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    "I Used To Be Fat" on MTV
  • jeromy75
    Options
    Every time I watch Biggest Loser it motivates me to get in shape. If this people that 400-600 can lose I know I c an.

I agree. Allen Smith is from my home town. He was a big inspiration for a lot of us here in Columbus.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Heavy
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    love the bourne series..
    however, I get some giddy up when I watch shows like Heavy, Make it or break it, and the movies my stepdaughter watches like Disney ones that make you want to get up and dance around. Me and her love to sit up and watch girlie movies and it makes me realize I want to be fit to keep up with her.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I love watching dance movies. They make me want to move my big butt! My sister swears that I was a dancer in another life!
  • jeromy75
    Options
    love the bourne series..

They are making a fourth one eventually.
  • Endershadow
    Endershadow Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Spartacus: Blood and sand, the Fighter, 300!!!
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    I know this is silly but watching survivor. Seeing some of these older people looking so trim and in a bikini. I think to my self "self they are like fifty if they can look that good so can you."
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Food Inc..I also loved the small series 30 days (he lived off of Mcdonalds for 30 days,. lived at a chicken farm for 30 days and so on..) Eye opener stuff...
  • jeromy75
    Options
    Food Inc..I also loved the small series 30 days (he lived off of Mcdonalds for 30 days,. lived at a chicken farm for 30 days and so on..) Eye opener stuff...
    Yeah...it's hard not to be inspired after those. Food Inc was excellent.
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Food, Inc. I've heard of this movie, is it like a documentary.. If so do you guys think there is a place online to watch it for free. :) just wondering.. if not then i will have to rent it.. lol
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Anytime I see a wedding dress I get inspired as I haven't picked mine out yet! Good topic post..very fun.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The Expendables.
    The Biggest Loser.
    Heavy.
    I Used to be Fat.
    G I Jane.
    Terminator.
    How Stella Got Her Grove Back.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I'm really showing my age here, but there was a character in the movie Aliens (the second one of the series) called Vasquez. She was fit, and buff, and had the most incredible arms! (She was played to perfection by Jeanette Goldstein, who later played the foster mom to teen delinquent John Connor in Terminator 2. The one who impales her husband to the fridge with her sword arm.)

Anyway, I've always wanted to have her physique! And she had some killer lines in the movie. During one scene near the beginning, she's doing chin-ups when another (male) Marine approaches her.

Hudson: "Hey, Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"
    Vasquez: "No. Have you?"

Love it! :glasses:
  • Mary830
    Mary830 Posts: 64
    Options
    Have you ever watched a TV show or movie that left you inspired to get in shape after you watched it? I just recently watched the Bourne trilogy. I also watched "the Last Samurai". Both of those movies made me want to get up and do something. How about you guys (and girls)?

We have ALIAS on DVD. Every time I watch that show I want to work out. I want to be someone that can kick that much butt! :happy:
  • AshleyXoBebeXo
    Options
    when i watch i used to be fat on mtv i feel inspired or biggest loser or any weight loss show i feel really inspired
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I love watching Heavy or the Biggest Loser, they are such motivators.

But my dirty little secret motivator is watching WWE RAW with my husband. Those girls on there are so dang cut it makes me want to start working out immediately.

*edit: horrible spelling. :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I know this is silly but watching survivor. Seeing some of these older people looking so trim and in a bikini. I think to my self "self they are like fifty if they can look that good so can you."
    That's not silly!! I've been watching Survivor from the start! That firefighter, Julie, in this season clearly works hard to keep that figure! (http://images.hitfix.com/photos/602776/Julie-Wolfe-of-Survivor-Redemption-Island_gallery_primary.jpg)
    But my dirty little secret motivator is watching WWE RAW with my husband. Those girls on there are so dang cut it makes me want to start working out immediately.
    Likewise!! :bigsmile:
  • jeromy75
    Options
    Food, Inc. I've heard of this movie, is it like a documentary.. If so do you guys think there is a place online to watch it for free. :) just wondering.. if not then i will have to rent it.. lol

I haven't seen it anywhere on here for free. It his very worth renting.