Anyone want to start 5 days/wk of P90x on Monday 3/7?

Options
I plan to start the P90x DVDs on Monday March 7th and was wondering if anyone with similar goals to mine is planning to start P90x that same day? I only plan to do it 5x/week - for 12 weeks. I'm looking for someone with similar goals to do the same thing so we can keep each other motivated and accountable.

A little about me: I am not one of those already thin people that just want to get tone and build muscle with the P90x. No offense to them - I just don't think I can get motivated from someone that is already thin and just needs to build muscle. I want to lose about 35 pounds or get into a size 8/9. Right now I'm 5'6" and I wear size 12-15 depending on if it is women's or junior's. I tried a couple of the DVDs before and I know they kicked my butt. I can't do pull-ups so I will use the bands, I can't do push ups without being on my knees - but I'm ok with that. We all have to start somewhere. I saw that someone posted her before and after of P90x and I was so impressed and that is really motivating me to get my butt going to. No excuses. I work full time, have two boys (3 years old and 6 years old), and a husband that wants my attention too. If all goes well in 30 or 60 days I will post my starting and progression pics and measurements. Wish me luck!

Replies

• GetFitWithDe
    Options
    I am actaually moving from finishing up Insanity to P90X one-on-one starting Monday. So I am with ya!
  • zatknees
    zatknees Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great! feel free to friend request me if you want. I have it set up so my friends can see me diary. We can share in the pain together. :) oh and the success too..... almost forgot that part.
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Though I am traveling quite a bit at the moment, I am up for giving this a go with you! I have never done any of the P90X stuff, I have the dvds but none of the paperwork...if you will help keep me honest, I am with ya!
    (Would you mind letting me know what the order of rotation is for the DVD's? Sorry!)
  • healthydee
    Options
    I started P90X in Jan. and do it 4-5x a week. I am pleased with my results. I've lost about a pound a week, but that's not the whole story. I have changed the shape of my body and am down a pant size and down 2 shirt sizes. I also know that my body is more flexible and I am stronger. I believe you can do a modified program and still get results.I could hardly do the routines in the beginning, but kept going. I'm glad I did. I'm seeing a more healthy and fit person each week.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I will be on week 2 on Monday. So far so good. Best of luck with it. Friend request me and we can motivate each other.
  • zatknees
    zatknees Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna follow it exactly - since I'm only doing 5 days/wk instead of 7 - so I think what I will do is pick 5 of the 7 each week. I'll probably skip the yoga most of the time since that really isn't my thing.
    I found this web site that lists the workouts each week. You can pick classic or lean. I'm gonna do the classic one.
    http://www.wellsphere.com/weight-loss-article/get-p90x-results-by-knowing-the-correct-order-of-the-p90x-workouts/9918
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Woo, thank you for the link! Yay!!!