skin on ur stomach... ughh

Options
mrsbarton
mrsbarton Posts: 78 Member
So im just getting back into the swing of losing weight again.. i have lost 4 pounds and i have 61 more to go :) i was watching that i used to be fat on mtv and at the last show, it got me thinking that that one girl said she had alot of sagging skin... im 5 foot and 216.. my stomach is big lol and im worried if i lose 60+ pounds its going to look awful! im so scared lol.. i was wondering if anyone that was heavy set and lost weight has any pics of what their stomach looks like so i can see.. ive never really seen it and maybe im picturing it will be worse than what it is.. idk.. any advice on losing the next 60 pounds would be great to! thanks in advance :)

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My husband lost 210lbs & has excess skin, HOWEVER, you CANNOT see it in clothes AT ALL.
    Also, with exercise & toning he has decreased it & tightened up.
    It wouldn't be as bad as you're imagining!
  • mrsbarton
    Options
    i just really wanna look sexy for my hubby... and i cant see myself feeling that way if i have a bunch of skin lol i have always been sooo shy
  • MomOfMikeAndLiam
    Options
    At the end of my second pregnancy, I was up to 210lbs. I dropped down to just under 190 after having my son. It took me awhile, but I lost 50lbs calorie counting, and while there is some issues with my stretch marks, my stomach is looking okay. I don't strip down to a bikini very often, but I can. If you can tell me how to upload photos, I'll do it.
  • mommabear2002
    Options
    Just make sure you dont do some crash diet and lose too much too fast so your skin has time to go back. And of course work out!!! That will definately help tightening your skin.
    Another little suggestion.. after my all 4 of pregnancies I used Jergens collagen lotion, and I didnt seem to have too much of an issue with my skin going back.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    You're still young so there's a chance elasticity is on your side. To promote that, moisturize (cocoa butter is good - I have been using virgin, organic, unrefined coconut oil), stay very hydrated and lose weight at a slow and steady pace. The 1-2 lb./week rule is good not only for sustaining weight loss once it's gone, but also it gives your skin time to tighten up. :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    with my pregnancy (twins) i gained 90lbs & went up to 245lbs. I'm now 155lbs & my stomach is pretty tight. it can be done if you go about it slowly!!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I hope it doesnt look too bad but I will take some lose skin over this extra weight any day.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i just really wanna look sexy for my hubby... and i cant see myself feeling that way if i have a bunch of skin lol i have always been sooo shy

I've had this conversation with myself several times... so please don't think I'm being rude when I say this... "Do you feel sexy now?" I guess at the end of the day - I'll feel sexier thinner, with a little bit of excess skin than I do at my current weight and a lot of extra fat.
  • mrsbarton
    Options
    im not really sure how to upload pics lol... i have had 3 children and the last 2 being twins.. so i had a csection with them.. they will be 2 in 20 days, so im guessing that would be another reason why i will not have my stomach back lol are there any stomach work outs that are really good for toning? im not doing a crash diet, but watching what i eat and working out!!! i will try that lotion!
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you lose wt at a slow healthy rate, your skin can usually adapt. On shows like the Biggest Loser, etc, they lose wt FAST--no time for the skin to keep up with what's underneath. If all else fails...save your pennies and reward yourself for hitting your goal with a tummy tuck!! :)
  • mrsbarton
    Options

I've had this conversation with myself several times... so please don't think I'm being rude when I say this... "Do you feel sexy now?" I guess at the end of the day - I'll feel sexier thinner, with a little bit of excess skin than I do at my current weight and a lot of extra fat.

yeah.. i understand where ur coming from! and i dont feel like that now.. my husband trys to hard to make me feel like that tho.. (hes to sweet) he has lost 70 pounds in the last 5 years while i have gained that 70 pounds in the last 5 years lol i just really need to get this done! i want to be thin... i have 3 boys i have to chase around lol
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i started at 220 pounds. The bare stomach picture in my profile is at 165. At the moment I'm at 155. Thus far I don't really have any loose skin but i've lost most of this weight over about 3 years of on and off dieting.

As long as you lose it at a reasonable pace your skin will have plenty of time to shrink up.
  • jerseyshorenurse
    jerseyshorenurse Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Alright, I have no shame. Also, I'm procrastinating big time at the moment and would rather do ANYTHING other than clean up my apartment for the company I'm having tomorrow. LOL. I just added 2 pics to my profile here that show my stomach at the current time...first shows how my skin wrinkles a little when I scrunch up. Second shows standing up straight. NBD, I just make sure when I'm in a bikini that when I bend over, I stand up straight ASAP. LOL there are worse things. FYI, I initially lost 70lbs, but I've put some of that back on again. The net weight loss is about 58lbs. I'm also older than you and my skin definitely isn't as resilient as it used to be. *sniff*
  • aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight with my pregnancies with a top weight of 217 lbs and while I didn't have twins, my son weighed almost 11 lbs at birth. The skin on my stomach is not great. I have struggled with the last 12-20 lbs. When I get it off, my skin is a little loose and what I like to call crinkly. However, I feel better with a little loose skin than a chubby belly with a muffin top over my jeans... KWIM?
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I am the downer of the bunch. I have extra skin, lots of it. But I look great in clothes! :drinker:
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to have it. I see it as a positive thing. It means you've done some seriously HARD work! It's like a battle wound! Of course after awhile of trying to get it off and it not coming off I'd look into surgery lol...but seriously...I can't wait to get to that point!
  • mrsbarton
    Options
    I am the downer of the bunch. I have extra skin, lots of it. But I look great in clothes! :drinker:

wow ur ticker looks amazing! congrats on all the weight loss! WOW.. how long have u been working at it? i feel like my stomach is pretty bad now.. but i def. would rather have loss skin that a huge fat belly...LOL
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    My husband was 310 and is now 198 and he only has a tiny bit of loose skin on his belly and his belly was BIG!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on a few factors: how overweight did you get to be, and for how long did you stay at that high weight? How quickly did you lose the weight? How well hydrated do you keep yourself? How well does your skin make collagen and keep it? How much muscle do you create to replace some of the body volume lost?

Since this is all so different for everyone, nobody can predict how saggy you might be at the end, but I have never heard of anyone who said I wish I was fatter so my skin would be smooth again...:laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Stick with it!
  • fairyjester
    Options
    i am worried about the extra skin thing too, espcially being in my forties. but i have decided to concentrate on getting the weight off and crossing that bridge (the skin) when i get there
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!