Have you ever noticed......

Options
..that the person you see in the mirror looks different than the person in your profile picture?
Or is that just me?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    hahaha i hear ya. I'm unphotogenic & look horrendous in pictures.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    You look skinny to me Nine! :)
    I look in the mirror to put my make up on..I look in the mirror to wash my face..fix my hair..but that doesn't necessarily mean I like what I'm looking at HAHA!
  • chellis76
    chellis76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Too funny!! The person I see is the person in my profile pic!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I look nothing like my profile picture.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    hahaha i hear ya. I'm unphotogenic & look horrendous in pictures.

haha.... same here
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options

You don't? what a disappointment...
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options

ROTFL! but it's such an epic photo :D hee hee...
  • gigaparker
    gigaparker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes you do Carl1738! HaHa
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Yes. I notice things in photos that I never noticed before when looking in the mirror.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Yeah. It drives me crazy because then I am unsure if I actually look like that, so I ask my Dad or someone around me if it looks like me.....haha. I also look different in my mirror than I do in the mirrors at the store, and pictures my friends take... sigh.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Pictures lie! haha Check this out...these were taken in the same day:

tdPim.jpg

fdDwR.jpg

I tried to find the most REALISTIC photos of myself to put up on my profile.

And THIS, my friends, is why I don't do online dating. It's a total crap shoot. lol
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed that, but I have noticed the voice I hear on the answering machine is not the voice I hear when I speak.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed that, but I have noticed the voice I hear on the answering machine is not the voice I hear when I speak.

OMG! I know. I hate my voice on recordings, I sound so stupid. But when I hear myself talk is sound okay.
  • dawnelaine96
    dawnelaine96 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My waistband has been subtly whispering that to me lately, but when I look in the mirror, I still am not seeing it.
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed that when I'm in an exercise class, I have trouble locating myself in the mirror bcz I look so different. I'm looking for a very round, short haired brunette and then I see myself and say, "OH look at that strong, athletic looking girl! Thank GOD that's changed!"

:::brag:::
  • Mary830
    Mary830 Posts: 64
    Options

I notice this. The worst part of my job is when I have to page someone- hearing my voice over the speaker makes me cringe. My boss finds it funny the lengths I will go to if I can avoid paging someone!

And yes- to the OP- I definitely don't think I look the same in most pictures. I like my profile pic, though- it's nice to have one where I am genuinely happy and not just smiling because someone has a camera!
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    And THIS, my friends, is why I don't do online dating. It's a total crap shoot. lol

YOU ARE NOT LYING!!!!!!!! I have been on Match.com for almost 9 months, and NOT ONE person has been 'as advertised'...

F MY LIFE!
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    I always like my pictures better than in the mirror. I am good a buying clothes to hide stuff, in the mirror its all there, stretch marks, scars and flaws. I love my clothes. :wink:

Here is something embarassing.... my husband and I were taking some progress pictures and our new camera has a "face finder" well apparently my gut and bellybutton resemble a face because when he was trying to take the pictures the face finder was zooming and focusing on my belly..... I hope my belly smiled!:laugh:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options

YOU ARE NOT LYING!!!!!!!! I have been on Match.com for almost 9 months, and NOT ONE person has been 'as advertised'...

F MY LIFE!

I'm not on that site, but I've been on another, and I've never had that problem at all!! Then again, I do have a fairly stringent "interview" process, haha. :laugh:
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do have a fairly stringent "interview" process, haha. :laugh:
    So that's why we don't date.

Lollercoaster.gif

Online dating can be awful. I met the best relationship I've ever had in my life once, several times I met some really good fun girls, but mostly I've met crazy people. Awesome.

Anyway, no, the person in the mirror matches the person in photos. I'm kind of cute. Although I'll admit that sometimes I have a hard time taking photos that show my cuteness. Hmph.