Which HRM is the best?

Options
I just bought the Polar FT4 heart rate monitor and I'm wondering if I made the right purchase. Does it calculate burned calories accurately?:huh:

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I looked at this one, and wound up purchased the New Balance N4.. which I LOVE... and I use all the time.
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am using one called MioFit. I like it.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6, which I bought a couple of years ago. I love it to pieces and feel like it's pretty accurate.
  • daphne_gets_fit
    daphne_gets_fit Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I also have the POLAR FT4, I feel like it's pretty accurate, I mean it gives me some idea of the calories I burn and it's better than trying to depend on a website to tell me what I've burned, I do Zumba and it's not listed on here as far an estimate of calories burned, so that's why I purchased a HRM.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing a project at college investigating the accuracy of HRMs, so far we found that the ones with chest straps are way more accurate. So i'd get one with a chest strap. I recently purchased the Polar FT90 to use for our experiments. In a few weeks I can let you know what we found about the accuracy of the Polar FT90 (we are comparing it to manual heart rate taken by hand at the wrist)
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    Polar! Polar! Polar <3
  • heidiscool
    Options
    My Polar FT7 is dead on with my exercise bike heart rate sensor. It gives all kinds of really cool feedback as far as what type of workout I'm getting - arobic vs. fat burn. I bought it because of reputation as well as the fact that it has a chest strap which is much more accurate than the wrist sensor