I just need some positive motivational kind words!!!

Options
I do a fabulous job during the day with my intake, but I have always loved going to bed with a nice full tummy every nite. I am concious of my efforts to not over eat in the evnings, I find myself plastered to the fridge door. Literally I stand there for minutes with my hand on the door, talking out loud to myself until I am literally I am verbally arguing alone to my little angel and devil.

If others of you have found youself in my shoes, what has worked for you? I know after a few days of hard discipline, I should over come this maybe with an occasional fight here and there.

THANKS!!!!

Replies

• momto3hmn
    Options
    I do a fabulous job during the day with my intake, but I have always loved going to bed with a nice full tummy every nite. I am concious of my efforts to not over eat in the evnings, I find myself plastered to the fridge door. Literally I stand there for minutes with my hand on the door, talking out loud to myself until I am literally I am verbally arguing alone to my little angel and devil.

If others of you have found youself in my shoes, what has worked for you? I know after a few days of hard discipline, I should over come this maybe with an occasional fight here and there.

THANKS!!!!
  • susan62
    Options
    I'm also one of those that come evening I'm stalking the fridge as though it were my prey, and normally it is.:smile: But, I've found that if I have something crunchy like celery or carrots, etc, or grab a pack of Ritz 100 calorie snack pack, then I get over the constant craving. Celery is good because it's actually a negative calorie (it has 0 calories therefore the calories you burn chewing it make it a negative:wink: ) I hope this helps some, it really will get easier.:flowerforyou:

94358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    It really is a mental battle isn't it!

What I've done is to have things in the fridge that satisfy this eating urge and I do that with fruit and veggies. Baby carrots are good for the psychological crunch need and apples that I like I will have using a knife to slice pieces of and eat instead of just biting chunks off. Both of these seem to help me because each takes a longer time to eat that way and also help to solve that psychological craving.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Have you tried skim milk? I was doing that one night and decided on a snack and a glass of milk, but decided I would drink the milk first, then if I still wanted the snack I would have that. It turned out the milk was enough to take away the craving and hunger. Since then I have made milk a regular in my day, I always felt before I was wasting calories by drinking them instead of eating them, but found by adding milk to my day 9 times out of 10 it removed my cravings.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love a cup of tea. :love:

The milk and sugar seem to give my body what is seeking.

My mind is occupied with boiling water, getting out the milk and sugar (splenda) getting the cup.

It is an entire ritual I have substituted for my other one of eating my way thru the leftovers!

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    oh ive been there :mad:
    what works for me i just beat it out
    ex extra situps crunch push up leglifts something to get my mind off the craving
    but again this has worked for me :happy:
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    The carrots and milk are great ideas! Then go brush your teeth...who wants to eat after you've just brushed!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I just thougt of 2 other things I did in the beginning to break the habit.

I brushed my teeth, sometimes 3x.

My DH pointed out I wasnt hungry, I was bored. He suggested doing laundry...:noway: I dont think so.

I bought a 10 minute workout dvd. (5 diff workouts, 10 min each). My deal with my self: when fighting
    :devil: my demons I had to do a 10 min segment. If I was still hungry after, then I could have a snack. It worked like a charm and I can almost see my abs now!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I just thougt of 2 other things I did in the beginning to break the habit.

I brushed my teeth, sometimes 3x.

My DH pointed out I wasnt hungry, I was bored. He suggested doing laundry...:noway: I dont think so.

I bought a 10 minute workout dvd. (5 diff workouts, 10 min each). My deal with my self: when fighting
    :devil: my demons I had to do a 10 min segment. If I was still hungry after, then I could have a snack. It worked like a charm and I can almost see my abs now!!

it takes me so long to type that 2 other people said this before mine popped in. I like having confirmations...:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I like the brushing teeth idea - I'll do that.

A 16 oz glass of water usually helps. I feel fuller after.
  • momto3hmn
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE :blushing: Sometimes it's rather embarrassing to admit, to faults. But it's so ugly to stand there and verbally fight with yourself while holding the fridge door, though now it seems a funny thought... Again thanks!!! :happy: