Something that I noticed about the Before Pictures

Options
2»

Replies

• mariemichael
    Options
    I am in the same boat as Becky. I lost 65 lbs 2 years ago then gained back 30! I am now on the road to losing again (3 weeks in and serious). I avoid pictures like the plague and get mad if my husband tries to take pictures of me. I know, once I get down another 20, I will be better about it. As for the hair and makeup? I wear makeup everyday and do my hair, but one of my plans will be to have someone other than myself color and cut it. I work with a lady who is morbidly obese and is very unkempt, lets her gray hair grow out from the dark brown INCHES before she does it again. She looks sad, wears frumpy clothes too and no make up. I believe whats inside a person can be reflected on the outside. When we are heavy and not feeling good about ourselves, we do take less care.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I believe it all goes hand in hand! How you feel about yourself on the inside reflects what you look like on the outside. Before I started eating healthier and exercising, I never cared about what I wore, washing my face every night, using skn creams or anything else but now, 47 pounds down I am feeling so much better and taking the time to actually care again. So yes, how you feel about yourself on the inside is a definate reflection on the outside and that is kinda sad really!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    not me ive been same all the time..i take my pictures all crazy looking so i rarely show my face:laugh:
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    So very very true
  • shawnamil12
    Options
    and everyone looks like they lost about 7-10 years of age too.......

im 22 and i currently weigh 234

i just dont feel pretty in my clothes so i dont see a point in doing makeup. yah know
    but your right.

i was doing sooo goood losing weight for liek 3 weeks but then i started school a very busy 8 week CNA course,. i just finished friday with an A so im starting back on it and im excited!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I feel like the odd one out, my fat pictures were of me being bridesmaid at my brothers wedding rofl (didnt want pictures of myself before that and kinda had to get them taken for the wedding)

lol
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the before pictures are raondom pictures that were taken without warning, where as the after pictures people KNOW they are taking and dress themselves up for the picture to post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!