cycling calories...?

mandy_marie
mandy_marie Posts: 36 Member
I have done a little reading up on cycling calories and was thinking about starting.
I wanted to see if anyone is cycling or has and is it worth it or just continue to eat my same recommended calories everyday for weightloss? From what I have read it keeps your body from plateauing but wanted to hear if it worked?

Thanks!!

Replies

• thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    I have never tried it myself but was just reading about it last night! Am curious to see how it has worked for others;)
  • buchmansrus
    buchmansrus Posts: 34 Member
    I love cycling, In my spin class I can easily burn anywhere from 800-1000 calories.

Love it, Good luck
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Mandy - cycling is a great way to get fit, have some fresh air and burn those calories.

I commute by bike, doing between 20-32 miles a day (1000-1500 calories) and finally manged by first club ride, for 5 months, following a knee op. 72 miles, 5 1/2 hours, 4000 calories!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Nutritional cycling is a bit harder than people think. I would say that it is only needed when you have hit a wall or are close/at your goal weight. Here is some good info.

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/carbcycling.htm

I am currently doing it now, and i find it to be quite difficult
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Are you talking about "calorie cycling" or cycling the exercise? Body-builders calorie cycle all the time to drop body fat before a competition. Depending on how extreme you are, you can lose a lot of weight in not time, but most doctors recommend losing no more than 2 lbs a week. I do a form of calorie cycling called the "Alternate Day Diet". I stay between 20-35% of my RMR on my down days and above my RMR on my up days. I have lost about 8 lbs in the past 5 weeks doing this. Plus my energy levels are amazing on my up days.
  • mandy_marie
    I'm actually talking about "calorie cycling"...... Not the actually bike exercising..lol! Although it is great exercise!!
  • mandy_marie
    Nutritional cycling is a bit harder than people think. I would say that it is only needed when you have hit a wall or are close/at your goal weight. Here is some good info.

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/carbcycling.htm

I am currently doing it now, and i find it to be quite difficult

Thanks!! I'll check that out ;)
  • mandy_marie

Yes!! This is actually the site I was reading about it on.... It is very informative about it and I'm considering trying it for a week.....! Thanks for the link!!
  • mandy_marie
    Are you talking about "calorie cycling" or cycling the exercise? Body-builders calorie cycle all the time to drop body fat before a competition. Depending on how extreme you are, you can lose a lot of weight in not time, but most doctors recommend losing no more than 2 lbs a week. I do a form of calorie cycling called the "Alternate Day Diet". I stay between 20-35% of my RMR on my down days and above my RMR on my up days. I have lost about 8 lbs in the past 5 weeks doing this. Plus my energy levels are amazing on my up days.

Wow, thanks!! I'm really considering it! I just wanted to see how well it worked... Sound like your doing great!!
This discussion has been closed.