Belly fat

Options
It seems like belly fat is the hardest to lose (for me at least) it just does NOT want to leave me. Despite losing weight everywhere else and toning up *sigh*. How long has it taken you guys to flatten your belly up?

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    its been 5 months...still toning up but way flatter than before...pics in my profile if u wanna see :blushing:
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'll be super curious to hear the answers, too, and also, what exercises help the most? That's my main area (3 kids later) that needs the help. I'm losing, and I can tell it's going, but, is there anything else I can do to help it along? I exercise 5-7 days a week and eat relatively well. Good luck to all and thanks for the info! =)
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    There's a National Geographic video called "Stress" (I think). You can stream it on Netflix. It talks about belly fat and its relationship to stress. Do you have a very stressful life? I think that HFCS can also be stored as belly-fat.
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have the belly fat issue as well , it's so annoying I'm down a size in tops but bottoms i can't seem to go down even though my legs are all loose on the trousers the fat belly is taking its time to go , I hate it !! :(
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'll be super curious to hear the answers, too, and also, what exercises help the most? That's my main area (3 kids later) that needs the help. I'm losing, and I can tell it's going, but, is there anything else I can do to help it along? I exercise 5-7 days a week and eat relatively well. Good luck to all and thanks for the info! =)

If you're talking about post-pregnancy belly fat, you might think about a tummy tuck. I got one after 3 kids and have been very happy with the results ever since! Even though I gained 5 pounds since the surgery, my belly is still flat and toned.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I was wondering abou this, too, and I found this article by the Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/belly-fat/WO00128/NSECTIONGROUP=2

That's actually the second page of the article, I bookmarked it because it has some useful excersizes to help. The first page has a lot of information about why people get belly fat and the dangers of it.
  • steacher24
    Options
    I'm not sure if it helps post-pregnancy, but it's been helping me get rid of my tummy.....Jillian Michaels has a No More Trouble Zones DVD that really works abs. Maybe that would help you, too.
  • SBug
    SBug Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 6 Week 6 Pack DVD from Jillian Michaels and it is amazing. I didn't have a huge belly before but have always had the "muffin top". It is not totally gone yet, but I only have done the workout 2-3 days a week instead of the 5 the DVD recommends. Both levels are 30-35 minutes all about abs. Dont be fooled, there are only about 3 moves that are a style of crunches! Every time I do the workout I feel smaller, and the results are so worth while. I recommend it to anyone up for a challenge in their workout!!!!
  • SBug
    SBug Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have that DVD too. It is so hard, but so good. I love what it has done for my arms!!
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Mmm thanks maybe i'll get a look at it. It's so annoying i've always had a belly from the time I was a little girl it's like it loves me so much it won't let me go. That and my boobs I wish they would vanish. I guess it's first on last off.