Join me for a "no scale" challenge - anyone up for it?

Options
I am SICK AND TIRED of getting on that scale and then hating myself for no reason. I don't get it - why it won't move. I've never worked so hard for a measley 8 lbs in my life. (And I'm about 80 lbs overweight, so I feel like I should be enjoying my fast beginners weight - but nope - never happened for me.)

So, if anyone else feels like this about the scale and feels like they are almost addicted to weighing in, join me for a "no scale" challenge and lets decide on a time frame that we can try to go without it. Anyone interested?

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I am foregoing for the month of March. I'm considering giving it up as part of my lent sacrifice/giving up things.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Hey, wanted to let you know there is a group doing this for Lent (March 9-April 24). Here's the thread if you want to join in with that group!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/185375-lenten-scale-diet-t-minus-6-days-are-you-in
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    MEggongonk - I also was thinking of doing it for 40 days to give it up for Lent. Has the scale been buggin you, too?
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Lent No-scale. I cannot wait!
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    i would be glad to join ya with this challenge
  • tj5000
    tj5000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post!
    I'm feeling the same way - it's so dis-heartening.

I really hope we can all see some fantastic results by easter then!

Good Luck to us all

:smile:
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have monthly weigh-ins at the gym, and I've been trying really hard to not step on my scale in between those (or at doctor appts), but not doing so well at it. I'll weigh-in with my trainer tomorrow night, then hope to stay off it for the next month.
  • caitlinsmum
    caitlinsmum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would like to join - but I'm so scared that I'll weigh myself at the end of it - and if I've gained/not lost much, I'm worried that I'll just 'give up' and gain back all the weight I have lost ....
  • AGoodExample
    Options
    For the month of March Im not stepping on the scale..at all. April 1st I will weigh myself.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hey, wanted to let you know there is a group doing this for Lent (March 9-April 24). Here's the thread if you want to join in with that group!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/185375-lenten-scale-diet-t-minus-6-days-are-you-in

Thanks for posting that Melody, I was just about to and then saw that you already did!
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Ok guys - I am joining the Lent scale diet - see above post for link! Meet up with me there!

Caitlinsmum - I have the same fears, but I am going for it anyways. I actually think I may do better not seeing those daily flucuations - they cause me to either eat like crazy or pull back too much on calories.
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT idea! I never would have thought of the scale for Lent!!! My frustration with the scale is that it fluctuates so much so that it just doesn't make sense! It is so annoying! I never know which weight to "believe".
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Am soooo with you on this one. Can no longer let the stupid scale dictate how 'good' or 'bad' I've been doing. I use a tape measure only. Haven't weighed for about 3 weeks and feel great. Have also lost half an inch from my waist by just focusing on eating well and exercising.
  • ktina999
    ktina999 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well this is a great idea! I would have to give my scale to a friend b/c if it's onsite it'll be too tempting. I'm in :)
  • caitlinsmum
    caitlinsmum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Have thought about it a lot last night today and I'm ging to do it ... I'll give up my scales for Lent :noway: