water intake

Options
Silly question but my searching on the internet has given me conflicting results. Does a cup of tea count towards water intake? Some websites say yes, some say no. Wondering what the gerneal concensus is.... :huh:

Replies

• Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I hope it does. Then I could get in my water EZ!
  • kjhofstad
    kjhofstad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say yes! I used to be on Weight Watchers, and tea always counted...just make sure that you're also drinking plain water. :smile:
  • douglw
    douglw Posts: 25
    Options
    I don't count tea as water, but I have no good reasons why.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    it really depends on what you believe and how you feel about.. some say water is water and that is that... others say non caffeinated beverages count as water (WW & Atkins is one of them) ... So just go with what you believe and be consistent at it. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here... I believe the Health Administration says to keep your body hydrated you should consumer 8-10 cups of BEVERAGE a day...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I only count plain water as water. No Crystal Light, no coffee, no tea. Yes, it's true they all hydrate you but I feel that if your body has to process or filter a drink it's not water.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I would count caffeine free tea and not count caffeinated tea.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Fall in love with water. Enjoy water. YEARN FOR WATER. I don't enjoy flavored waters or coffees. I drink tea very rarely and so slowly by the time the cup is halfway gone it is freezing cold.

I have no medical reasons to share against teas/flavored drinks/coffee but I have a personal LOVE for water. I hope you can find that and become best friends with your faucet.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I say no, unless it is herbal tea which has no caffiene. You might say "what about decaf"... that still has some caffiene in it. Caffiene is a diuretic... which draws water out. As you said there are conflicting views.....
  • nkteach
    nkteach Posts: 41
    Options
    I only count plain water as water. No Crystal Light, no coffee, no tea. Yes, it's true they all hydrate you but I feel that if your body has to process or filter a drink it's not water.

I agree!
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would count caffeine free tea and not count caffeinated tea.

I agree with that. Caffeine tea your body would need the plain water to flush out the caffeine. Decaf you would not. Tea is a good antioxidant for our bodies... BUT when drinking the caffeinated teas, you will retain more water. I'd go for Decaf for the better benefits as you are less likely to retain as much water....
  • beautymkt
    beautymkt Posts: 60
    Options
    i agree with all of you....water is water! It keeps you hydrated and cleanses your body without anything extra in it. Count your teas as extras for your daily intake. The more, the merrier!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I love water and get lots of it, I was just curious.
  • leigh33ca
    leigh33ca Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I count tea. I normally drink caffeine free herbal teas with nothing in them. Regular tea I can't stand.

With water I count it too if I have Crystal lite (making sure to count crystal light calories as well). Though mostly I drink it without anything but ice though sometimes with a slice of lemon.
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    noooooo!
    I was counting crystal light, I will stop I am ashamed.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I only count things that are 0 calories into my water intake so I have counted diet tea before...
  • shellyxxxxx
    shellyxxxxx Posts: 143
    Options
    i drink tea instead of just plain old water its still hot water going into your cup so yes i count it x carnt stand the taste of water on its own but hey each to their own x
  • vintagedream
    Options
    I say no, unless it is herbal tea which has no caffiene. You might say "what about decaf"... that still has some caffiene in it. Caffiene is a diuretic... which draws water out. As you said there are conflicting views.....

this