Totally Confused

Options
I am very green when it comes to the whole calorie counting, calorie burning part of weight loss.From what I have read you need to burn more then you eat in order to lose weight but how do you know how much you are burning. I am so confused. Can someone help me? Is there a book all of you have read? Maybe this is why I have never stuck with it because I don't really understand any of it.:sad:

Replies

• bzymummy
    bzymummy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am very green when it comes to the whole calorie counting, calorie burning part of weight loss.From what I have read you need to burn more then you eat in order to lose weight but how do you know how much you are burning. I am so confused. Can someone help me? Is there a book all of you have read? Maybe this is why I have never stuck with it because I don't really understand any of it.:sad:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay you burn some just living. Then if you exercise you burn more, but if you log it it will tell you how much you burned (approx) It then puts that on your food chart. YOu just need to eat the total number of calories on the bottom of the food chart.
  • JESSMC420
    Options
    There is a section on your "home" page to track your exercise. You can search different exercises and it gives you the apporx calories burned. If you happen to go to the gym, there are machines that will tell you how much you have burned based on your weight. Just log your calories, log your exercise and see your progress. Don't let it get your goat! Just move baby, and you will do fine!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

That will give you all the links to all the posts you should really read to understand all that MFP has to offer

:flowerforyou: