what do you all use to store your food when you go out?

Options
i’ve tried (what seems like) hundreds of containers claiming to be ‘leak proof’ when they’re NOT leading to puddles of water at the bottom of my bag. so how do you store your food? any tips and tricks?

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Good question...I'd like to know...I've spilt my lunch in my car seat so many times...not sure how much more cleaning it can take.
  • janski2
    janski2 Posts: 70
    Options
    Use a small real peanut butter jar. Of course you'd have to eat te peanut butter. lol
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I put my container in a plastic bag so that when it does spill it doesn't spill in my bag. Just make sure the plastic bag doesn't have a hole in it or everything will smell like balsamic vinegar.
  • sapiers
    sapiers Posts: 14
    Options
    I use a regular "tupperware" container but if it is soup or something liquid I also put the container in a gallon zip lock bag to make sure it doesn't leak
  • carolyne2
    carolyne2 Posts: 109
    Options
    Proper Tupperware I find is pretty good for most things, but I use a flask for soups etc or an old pop bottle for liquid things that can be reheated on site. Always play it safe though and put it in a plastic bag to make sure or until you are confident.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Use a small real peanut butter jar. Of course you'd have to eat te peanut butter. lol

I could "force" myself to do that...hehe!.
  • Linda4859
    Linda4859 Posts: 78
    Options
    All liquids I put in a flask, I have a sald container that keeps everything all crisp and tupperware is great for most things. I agree with putting all in a plastic bag just incase of a leak.
  • JaimeNay
    JaimeNay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I saw this website www.sixpackbag.com and they sell these bags that are great to take to work or for traveling. They are currently sold out but should have some in stock this month. Looks really neat for storing liquids, vitamins, meals, fruit, bottles, etc.. Check it out. I'd like to get me one soon.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I swear by my mason jars, they're already in use here as portion control so its just a matter of grabbing one of almonds and going when that's to be my snack that day, I mix my shakes in them with my blender blades right on the mason jar spin off the blades spin on the 2 part mason jar lid, never a leak yet.

I've got 125mL jars, 250mL jars, 500 and 1000mL jars depending on how much of an item I want to take.