From Parka to Bathing Suit- Week one

Options
2»

Replies

• chelsea32291
    Options
    So I finally weighed in. 160 lbs. Damn! I have been zigzagging my calories for a week now and I went up 2.4 lbs. But I will continue with what I am doing and continue working out (I am trying Jillian's Shred it with Weights and 6 Week 6 Pack) and hopefully my weight will go back down and down and down. :)

Hey! Your doing awesome! Don't get down on yourself. That 2 lbs is probably muscle!!!! Keep up the good work!

Agreed! You're doing great! Everyone is! It's definitely inspiring me more!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    What exactly is zig zagging?
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    What exactly is zig zagging?

Instead of eating the same amount of calories every day I eat a little more one day and then a little less on another and then the exact amount on others. This is the website: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm I like the idea that I get a couple days a week where I get to splurge, although Friday is a low calorie day which is hard because I usually end up splurging a little on the weekend.
    The only thing I am wondering is when I went to the website it said my daily calorie intake to lose weight should be 1613 cals, but MFP had me at 1340 cals. So I have been following the zigzag schedule to a T, but since I haven't lost anything I am not sure if I should change it. I am going to give it another week + my new workouts and see how it goes.
  • cdngrl81
    Options
    Well, I was very bad today. I had McD's for dinner. :( I can't believe it.
  • jillbarnes
    Options

I was in FL all week and attended the Strawberry Festival Saturday. I indulged in half a strawberry shortcake, 1/3 funnel cake and 16oz homemade rootbeer! It was all delicious! I worked out extra hard this week so I hope it all balances out in the end.
  • Harshberger24
    Options

I was in FL all week and attended the Strawberry Festival Saturday. I indulged in half a strawberry shortcake, 1/3 funnel cake and 16oz homemade rootbeer! It was all delicious! I worked out extra hard this week so I hope it all balances out in the end.

I had mexican =( but have to admit I LOVED every minute of it!! lol.. Hey we have to indulge every once in awhile or we would lose it! lol.. (my philosophy)... ready for weigh-ins Wed? I am not! I worked out super hard this week and gained! YUCK!
  • chelsea32291
    Options

I had mexican =( but have to admit I LOVED every minute of it!! lol.. Hey we have to indulge every once in awhile or we would lose it! lol.. (my philosophy)... ready for weigh-ins Wed? I am not! I worked out super hard this week and gained! YUCK!

Mmmm, I'm so jealous of all of you! Haha. I had Shoneys, which was disgusting, but that was my only splurge this week. I'm excited for weigh-ins. I've lost some so far, so hopefully I don't gain it back by Wednesday! :P
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Mmmm, I'm so jealous of all of you! Haha. I had Shoneys, which was disgusting, but that was my only splurge this week. I'm excited for weigh-ins. I've lost some so far, so hopefully I don't gain it back by Wednesday! :P

I have to admit that I didn't post all of my calories Friday night because I was embarrassed! Glad to know I wasn't the only one who had a bad day here or there! Friday, work was SO tough, so my incredible husband took me to the Cheesecake Factory (my first time going there) and I really enjoyed my food!! Annnd we shared a slice of Cookie Dough Cheesecake, but the past two days have been really good...I am excited for Wednesday's weigh in!!
  • joynova
    joynova Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well I struggled through another weekend. I always find it SO hard to stay on track during the weekend; so much going on with the kids and family that my food seems to be the last thing I can focus on. Hope to do better next weekend!
  • sunstreaks22
    Options
    this weekend was ROUGH! pizza is ALWAYS available on this college campus! :) Looking forward to weighing in later in the week, though!
  • Becs25
    Becs25 Posts: 79
    Options
    I was in the car all weekend it seemed like with my kids. I had plenty of snacks for them but while they were napping in the car, I ate. I didn't post any of my calories from Friday or Saturday because I was so embarrassed. I hope my weigh in does not reflect it. It ended up being a very long weekend for us. I hope I can make up for it with some good workouts this week and good food choices.
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was in the car all weekend it seemed like with my kids. I had plenty of snacks for them but while they were napping in the car, I ate. I didn't post any of my calories from Friday or Saturday because I was so embarrassed. I hope my weigh in does not reflect it. It ended up being a very long weekend for us. I hope I can make up for it with some good workouts this week and good food choices.

I think we all had tough, but (yummy!) weekends...! But I'm learning, and as you said here, "I can make up for it with some good workouts this week and good food choices"....that's the attitude!!
  • cdngrl81
    Options
    Who's ready for the weigh in tomorrow?? I hope I have a loss - I haven't worked out since last Wednesday. I am too stressed out - I got into a fender bender about 3 weeks ago and since then my car has been written off, and I have been trying to find a used or new car and haven't had much luck. :( At least I haven't been stress eating.
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope everyone has had a great week and a great weigh in day today!! :-)
    Last weeks weight: 222.8
    CW : 219.4
    Definitely the biggest loss I've had in a week since I started.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    No Change for me, still 220lbs. I think I am hovering above a drop, but it hasn't hit yet.

Hope everyone is still doing good!
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    I totally forgot to weigh in today - my normal weigh in & measurement day is Monday. The scale said 144.2 but I'm not sure if that's a loss or gain from last week since I weighed myself on numerous scales, all saying different weights. I hadn't measured in 2wks but did lose a half inch in both my waist and hips. At least something is moving in the right direction!

Congrats Chelsea on the biggest loss to date! Serenity, I hope that drop comes soon!
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am late this week!!
    Challenge Starting weight: 192lbs

Current weight: 188.5 Down 3.5 lbs this past week...