Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Hello everyone!
I'm looking to invest in a heart rate monitor. I'm a part time work/college student so I was wondering if there were any good ones that were a bit cheaper. :)
Thanks!
Katie

Replies

• kimlausan
    kimlausan Posts: 39
    Options
    I would like to see the response for this post. I am looking for one too!!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Mostly everyone will recommend the Polar brand...I jus happen to be at the gym checking out the items on sale and got a Sportline Duo for about $55-60...came with cheststrap and does the job...love it!!!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    DITTO!! Juts posted exact same thing! I'll let you know if I get any advice.

J x
  • kaitlinmre
    kaitlinmre Posts: 86 Member
    Options

J x

Okay! Thanks! :)
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    I found this one for under $30 at walmart. It's multi-function and it works great.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/S7-HR-Monitor/10719753

Hope this works!
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i just bought the polar ft4 and i love it. i was really undecided but it came last week and it was exactly what i was looking for.
  • gojoejoe
    gojoejoe Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a Sportline SX universal Combo ECG heart rate monitor and I love it. I bought it in a Walmart store about 1 month ago. I don't believe they are still producing these so they might be hard to find online. I purchased the Sportline for around $ 40 and it works fantastic. I have compared the readings to commercial treadmills in the gym with POLAR heart rate read outs and mine is right on the money. Just make sure you get one with a chest belt for continous heart rate. If not you will have to put your fingers on the watch everytime you want a readout of your heart rate. Hope this helps!
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    You get what you pay for. Polar best it seems I had a timex numbers way off went back to polar. This is a long term investment and good numbers help you feel better everyday about your workout. EX my timex gave me really high numbers that did not motivate me I wanted real numbers. Anyway a chest strap is a must. I also liked the polar because they keep track of numbers for 7 or more days so you can see day to day what you are doing.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Last week I bought a Timex from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P8VWQS

So far I really like it but the price has gone up in the last week.

I paid $39 and had free shipping.
  • tegeos
    tegeos Posts: 20
    Options
    I use this one and it has worked great for me so far. At the price you really can't beat it and the fact that it also has a calorie calculator is a huge bonus.

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/new-balance-watches-n2-heart-rate-monitor
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

J x

Okay! Thanks! :)

Polar FT4 or FT7 have been highly recommended I think i'm going for the Polar FT7, it's a bit more expensive but I definitely think it will be a good investment.