SAHM 3/7 - 3/13

Options
katapple
katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
old thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/182682-sahm-2-28-3-6

Welcome!! We are a fabulous group of Stay at Home Moms that support each other through our weightloss and the most important job....being a mom! We welcome all newcomers, join in any time, we would love to get to know you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM and a full time student. I have a 12 yr old boy, a 10 yr old girl, and a 6yr old girl. Nice to meet ya!
  • katapple
    Options
    Bina ~ So sorry about having croup in the house :( Hope this week is better!

BJ ~ Welcome to the group! Congrats on your loss so far!

Lilolme ~ Welcome! The teen years scare me!!

Amy ~ Oooh! Brown shoes, didn't even think of brown shoes! Great idea! I think I'll look for peep toes with the sling back because those are way more comfortable to me. Congrats on 2 workouts yesterday!! You rock!!

Cat ~ Welcome! What are you going to school for?

Let's see, almost 8am, Alex is still sleeping, and school is at 8:30.....I think he's still sick :( Poor guy, think he has the flu. Will have to go for double workouts at home today...we shall see!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Thanks for starting the thread Katie! PS, that dress is STUNNING!

Welcome Cat!

Getting back into the swing of life today. Drove back from CT yesterday, it rained the entire way down the coast, so it seemed much longer than it was. Had a good visit up there...wish I could have stayed longer! Got on the scale this morning and I am down another pound, despite all the delicious food this weekend. I payed close attention to portion size though, so that helped. I was bracing myself for a disaster!

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • clcole522
    clcole522 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning mom's.....What a crzy weekend, glad to get back to that weekly routine.....lol Don't know why, but with the weekends, all routines I try to keep are just about always thrown off track...lol
    A little part in me is glad that basketball, at least at the HS level, so over....I love to see the season start and its such a long season, that I am glad to see it end as well.....High School girls, drains me come the month of March....lol I am also glad that its over, now I can get back into my spin classes!! I would spin every night if my gym had the class, love them!!
    So, it will be a double work out for me as well, going to hit Body Pump this morning and back tonight for spin.....love it!!

Katapple....Sorry to hear your little guy is so sick :( Hope he feels better soon!! Good Luck on your double workouts :)

KC1206 ......Congrats on the loss!! I am a big believer that its all about portion sizes...I really don't limit myself on anything, but I do portion everything out..... Good Job!!

4loveofkids .........I forgot, yes I wear a HRM every time I work out........Love it, can't see myself without it :)

**Welcome Cat**

OK, off to the gym...........Have a great Monday mom's.......
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Katie - Hope Alex is feeling better soon, it's so hard when they're sick. Sling backs would be way cute with that dress!!

Cat - Which HRM do you have? If my dad's doesn't have the calorie counting option then I'm going to buy one for myself. LOL, I don't know if I could handle that much time with high school girls, hahaha. Awesome that you can start spinning again, I need to get over to my parents to do it this week. It's such a great workout.

Cat3 - Welcome!

KC - Great job, another pound bites the dust!!

Bina - Sounds like you've had a tough week, I hope your family is all on the mend this week.

I'm soooo tired. Not sure what is going on but Booshka has been screaming in the middle of the night (does it like 3-5 times a night) and it's wearing me out. Noah never did this so I've no idea what to do. Might call the doctor today to see what they can suggest. He always starts giving me the sign for nursing, um NO, hubby said maybe he's having nightmares from his boobies getting taken away, hahahaha. When he was sick I just associated it with that but he's still doing it. I'm so worn out from it. Anyone deal with anything like this?? We've never been a cry it out family but I'm about to that point.
  • SheilaS95
    SheilaS95 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Ladies

Just found your thread.... also a SAHM. I have 5 kiddos, 12, 10, 6, 4, and almost 3. I've been on my weight loss journey since November of 2009. Lost 10 lbs in '09, 20 in '10, hit a plateau in July 2010 but I'm still working hard at it. Currently working on running a 5k without stopping to walk. Also do pilates, and spin classes.
  • clcole522
    Options
    Katie - Hope Alex is feeling better soon, it's so hard when they're sick. Sling backs would be way cute with that dress!!

Cat - Which HRM do you have? If my dad's doesn't have the calorie counting option then I'm going to buy one for myself. LOL, I don't know if I could handle that much time with high school girls, hahaha. Awesome that you can start spinning again, I need to get over to my parents to do it this week. It's such a great workout.

Cat3 - Welcome!

KC - Great job, another pound bites the dust!!

Bina - Sounds like you've had a tough week, I hope your family is all on the mend this week.

I'm soooo tired. Not sure what is going on but Booshka has been screaming in the middle of the night (does it like 3-5 times a night) and it's wearing me out. Noah never did this so I've no idea what to do. Might call the doctor today to see what they can suggest. He always starts giving me the sign for nursing, um NO, hubby said maybe he's having nightmares from his boobies getting taken away, hahahaha. When he was sick I just associated it with that but he's still doing it. I'm so worn out from it. Anyone deal with anything like this?? We've never been a cry it out family but I'm about to that point.

4loveofkids....... I have a Polar, its pink, my husband got it at ****s for me for Xmas last year, and thats all I know....lol I do know that it counts everything...My workout time, my calories, I've set it to where the low needs to be for my heart rate, along with how high it should go....And if it goes under or over it will beep at me....Then every Monday morning, it gives me an update on how long I exercised for and how many calories I burnt.....Can't see me going to the gym or out for a run with out it!!
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    Kaite~ OH yeah it was but our ac was for the whole house and Def didn't work that well so it didn't keep it that cold. Plus we didn't have to pay utilities since we lived on base. The USMC is just switching over to where you have to pay electric on some bases. Needless to say that this house (since we bought it) is the first place we had utility bills and it was um breath taking how much our winter bills were. haha!! I agree with Amy I think I would take two pairs just incase. I think I am going to take her advice and bring sandals for mine as well. I hope the little guy feels better! Triston used to wake up screaming in the middle of the night for a long time. All I could do was comfort him. I am pretty sure he was having night terrors. For us we just had to comfort him for a few months and he finally grew out of them. It was really hard since you never knew when he was going to get up of how bad it would be. Some nights we would lay with him. I am so sorry, I hope you can figure out what is going soon.

Bjshooter, lilolme69, & cat3nv~ Welcome!!!!!

Amy~whoot, whoot on the two workouts! I want to start 30DS but I need to go buy it. I have kinda been lazy on doing that. But at least I am still doing my C25K.

KC~ I am glad you had a good time at your grandma birthday!!!

Cat~weekends never go the way I plan them. I have given up. Also um high school anything scares me….I don't even want to think about it! AHHH! Wowhoo about getting back to spin! I have never done a spin class, but i would like to try.

My son woke up so early this morning and my body was not ready to get out of bed(is it ever?). So vie been lounging on the couch for a big portion of the morning. Other then that this morning is normal. Did any of you ladies who watch army wives watch the coming home show on lifetime?
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

Katie-Sorry to hear you have a sick kiddo. I hope he's feeling better soon. That dress is lovely btw.

Welcome to the thread Shelia and Cat3! I was thinking there was a few more..can't remember but Welcome!

Amy-Having your child wake up several times a night is miserable. Mine would do that, fairly often. They make it most of the night in their own beds now. I am not a fan on the cry it out either, I would go over and rub a back or pat a toushie a few minutes and that would help soothe without giving in to pick up every time. This would frequently happen after being sick, because they got used to waking up and being held and comforted so it's a retraining period. As they got a little older it was night terrors waking them up. It's always something.

clcole-Have fun getting back to spinning!

KC1206-Glad you had a nice trip and you got home safely.

We had a nice weekend here. We went to a museum on Saturday, got some much needed groceries and relaxed. Yesterday we went to church then my oldest, Bridget, had an art festival at school she had a band performance we all went to. Then we looked around at some of the art projects other kids had created, there were also demos of pottery creating, painting, culinary arts etc. After the kids went to bed we watched the move Burlesque with Christina Aguilera and Cher. It was a pretty good movie.

Today I am heading into the gym before the weather gets too bad, it's currently snowing (blah) and then it's snow/rain/snow/who knows what. I am ready for warm weather and sunshine no more snow!

Holly
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ladies!

KC-Congrats on the pound!

Amy-How old is he? We got to the point with DD that we had to let her CIO (around the age of 16 months) and it only took about a week before she knew she was there for the night. Of course, you know their cries and if she was really sobbing then we would go get her. We tried the going in every few minutes for reassurance, but it didn't work, which is what led to the CIO. DS (just turned 2) is recently putting up a fight before naps and bedtime, but he'll only cry for about 10 minutes before he's out. Both of them self-weaned at 16 and 18 months.

Swytchrypie- I've been procrastinating on buying 30DS too. I have it coming on netflix this week to see if I like it before I buy. LOL!

Oh snow!!! We have soooooo much snow. Like 2 feet since last night. We had to dig DH out of the driveway this morning so he could make it to work, but he's borrowing our neighbor's snowblower when he comes home later. I'd probably die if I tried to shovel all that at once. We usually go out several times a day so we're not shoveling more than 4 inches at a time. DD is running a fever this morning so she's all snuggled up in her blanket on the couch with her stuffed animals and drink. DS is trying to pull her blanket off because he's hit the "I'm the annoying little brother" stage. LOL! I'm hoping they'll nap at the same time this afternoon and I'll be able to do my Wii workout. I didn't do it yesterday because she kept waking up, so I just brought her into bed with me at 8:30pm. I had my weigh in this morning and I'm down 1.6 pounds this week. I only have a little over 3 pounds until the 160's!! I just need to keep drinking my water instead of snacking. :)
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Kata- Thanks for starting the thread this morning...I hope you boy isn't sick, maybe just having a good dream, and doesn't want to wake up yet :smile:

bjshooter,Lilo,cat3, sheila- Welcome ladies.

4love- great workouts!! How old is Booshka? My oldest gets growing pains and they started shortly after he started walking (9months :noway:) It still makes him wake up crying sometimes.

swtch- Winter heat bills suck!! When I bought my house (too young to look into such things first) we were paying up to $400. a month in the coldest months :grumble: After 3 years of new windows and a new furnace we keep it under $150 and it's only that high normally Jan/Feb.

holly- I was wondering if Burlesque was good. I'm a Christina Aquilera fan (pre mid life crisis) and It's so hard to actually watch a full movie without kids, so I try to make them worth it. Good to know, thanks.

Looks like the sun is going to shine here today....please please!! I'm down 1/2 lb this morning! I was stuck for a week there so I'm happy, measured too and down another 1/4 " I was looking and just since December 2010 I'm down pretty much 3" in most places, so I have to think of that when I'm being a Debbie Downer :frown: My hubby thinks it's so weird that weight gets me down cause I'm the most optimistic person in our family/friends :smile: Until I try on something too small and then the world is over :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm trying LOL
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the welcomes :D

Its my weigh day tomorrow and throughout this week we have all had a bug, so I have had some strange days of not eating at all, not sure how this is going to have effected my weight , fingers crossed.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! Okay, I wasn't around at all last week, I feel so out of the loop. I was so sick last week with the most random symptoms - body aches, low grade fever, and major GI issues including constant nausea and painful cramps after eating. Yesterday was the first day I felt 100%. Needless to say I'm repeating week 5 of the C25K this week, I only completed one workout last week. Luckily the little one seems healthy still, though a little spit up here and there which we haven't seen in awhile, so she may have a touch of it. She seems to be dropping her last night feeding, I've got my fingers crossed! I plan on night weaning at a year, which is less than 2 months away now (OMG!) but if she wanted to do it on her own that would be fantastic. Getting more sleep now is fantastic!

My only bummer right now is my HRM started showing low battery and it's not one I can change myself so I'm going to be without it for however long it takes Polar to deal with it. I hate that.

Lastly, I lost 2.6 lbs or something crazy like that last week, but I have a feeling it was partly due to illness and wouldn't be surprised to see higher numbers this week. We shall see.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Welcome Cat3!

Katie, I hope this late sleeping means he's on the mend.

KC, yay for losing a pound! Good job!

clcole, weekends are screwy for everybody, I think. Have fun with your workouts today!

Amy, sorry to hear about the broken sleep. :( I hope you all get some good rest soon.

Welcome, Sheila!

swtchrypie, must have been in the air. Z climbed into bed and woke me up at 5:30. I'm dragging.

Holly, sounds like you had a good weekend! :)

PNCTink, yay for the loss! Good for you! I hope you get your workout in like you want to.

DJ, yay for the loss! :)

BJ, good luck with the weigh in.

Wildcat, I'm glad you're feeling better. That doesn't sound like you had much fun. :( Good luck with the night weaning! I was so exhausted by the time I wanted to try night weaning mine that I couldn't stick with it -- it was so much easier just to nurse and go back to sleep. :laugh: Which didn't help in the long-run, but you don't think clearly at 3 am.

I'm a grouchy pants today. Up too early, and there's snow on the ground, and Z has not been a very nice boy this morning. We went to the grocery store and I was so embarrassed by his behavior. Ugh. But, moving on. He's trying to be better, and so am I. I'm already not doing well on the eating front, but I expected it because I didn't feel like eating yesterday. So I'll try to get some extra workouts in and otherwise I'm not going to worry about it.

Have a good Monday everyone!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have been MIA again. Lots going on every day. I am trying to get back into the swing of things. This too shall pass. Wanted to tell everyone for being a great support group. All is going good so far. The MIL has not started to talk to my Bishop yet but I am trying to let her know that it is okay. I am sure that she will come around and do it just not sure how long it will take her to do it.

Barb~read about you losing way to go!

Wildcat~Way to go on the loss and hoping that it sticks and is not due to illness.

Dj~way to go on the loss!

Welcome to all the newcomers!

I have a NSV....I had a teacher at the school tell me that every time that she sees me I get skinnier and skinnier. Plus a friend at church when I walked into class said to me "Katie you are skinnier, you are looking really good". BONUS!!! Talk about a boost. Well got to get.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am going to become a biology teacher.
  • clcole522
    Options
    swtchrypie ..............Yeah, I'm thinking to that my weekends are at a loss too....lol But thats ok, I guess if I work hard and eat right for the week, the weekends should be about the fun....lol You should give spin a try, I fell in love with it a few years ago, at one point I was takinig 7 spin classes in 5 days....Crzy I know, but I loved the class, loved the calories I was burning and the weight that was coming off.....I was addicted!

hollyb9871 ........Thanks I will :) It must of been movie night last night.... After my kids went to bed, I watched Couples Retreat, I think thats the name of it.. I thought it was cute, had some good laughs :)

PNCTink ...I have alot of freinds and family in Upstate NY..I think they too are looking for the snowing to stop and spring to arrive...Makes it a long season when it still snowing like it is come March... Congrats on the 1.6 loss, keep up the good work :) I too have to make a effort on the water instead of the snacking....In the gym, working out, I drink and drink lots of water, but around the house, its not that easy for me....That is a down fall of mine..

DJ....Keep up the good work!! Stay positive...Stay Strong:)

BJ....Good luck with weigh in....!!

aj........Hang in there :) I too woke up with the same grouchy pants on today, but after I got my workout in this morning, I do feel so much better.....

My first workout is done, Body Pump and for it being a Monday morning class, seems it takes a ton of my engery...lol Now it to the end piles of laundry....lol And back to the gym tonight for spin...................... Stay Strong Mom's!!
  • katapple
    Options
    Holy Monday posts!!

KC ~ thanks! Congrats on being down a pound even with not eating as well as you normally would. That's awesome!

Clcole ~ Yeah, weekends are always bad for me too, that is why I don't weigh in on Mondays :)

Amy ~ I have a HRM too, Polar Ft7, I can't workout without it! Sorry about middle of the night screams. How old is he again?

Sheila ~ Welcome! We have lots of runners in our group!

Swtchry ~ Yeah, pretty much all bases make you pay your own utilities now. We rent off base, after this house I could never go back to living on base. The management sucks and the houses are falling apart! I did not watch the show, I didn't even know about it until all my military friends were posting about it like crazy on FB last night LOL

Nicle ~ snow?! Winter is over, I'm ready for spring. Going to be sunny and in the 40s, hope to get outside this afternoon :)

Wildcat ~ sorry you were sick! Soory about the HRM too, I'm happy I can change the batteries on my own :)

AJ ~ must be something in the water, I'm grouchy too...but that's nothing new. Stress is high here during finals week...never see the hubby, but still have to clean up after him, the kids are acting out and always asking for him, the house is a mess, blah blah blah...we can ***** together :)

Katie ~ Thanks for checking in! We miss you :) So awesome about the compliments, it's the best feeling when others notice how hard you've been working!

Am I the only one that isn't all happy go lucky after a workout? Where are my endorphins? LOL Seriously, such a grouch lately. Anyway, it's nice out, so hoping to get the kids out for a walk after naps.. Alex does seem to be on the mend, he asked to go to school at noon and hasn't had a fever. so far so good!
  • ajbeans
    Options
    KatieM, yay for all the positive comments you're getting! And I'm so glad you guys are able to be there for your MIL. Don't worry about keeping up here. We'll all be here, you just take care of you.

Katie, glad to hear Alex is doing better. And yeah, you have good reason to be grouchy. Just be patient -- finals week will be over soon.

My grouchiness comes from too many decisions hanging in the air! Still turning over school options for C, and not really making any headway. And then lately I've had this nagging feeling that I should go back to school, but I don't know where it's coming from. I don't know if I just want to go back to school because I'm bored, or if I really want to get my Master's degree and teach. I'm so wishy-washy. Blah. I would just love it if somebody would come in and make all the decisions in my life for a week, and then let me have the reins again. I can't handle it.

But I'm trying to make better food decisions for the rest of the day. I decided that just because I went nuts this morning doesn't mean I have to screw up my whole day. So for lunch I'm having my homemade Greek yogurt with thawed cherries, and it's tasty. And surprisingly filling! I'm going to try to stay on track for the rest of today. I know eating a bunch of crap isn't going to make me feel better, so I might as well just eat right. I haven't moved much today, and I'm really not feeling in the mood for exercise, but I'm just going to force myself when Z goes down for his nap.