Help! I am looking for a Home Gym and Treadmill

Options
Hello,
Anyone have any suggestions for a decent home gym and treadmill?

I don't want to spend a fortune but I do want machines that will work as well for me now as when I am in better shape.
I was looking at the Total Gym 1100 ($250) and the Schwin 860 Treadmill ($1,000). I was also interested in an incline trainer but I couldn't find one I liked. I would rather have an incline trainer than a regular treadmill but they all seem so expensive.

These seem reasonably priced and have the features I want but I would like to hear about your experiencess with these machines.
Please help.

Replies

• curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Have you tried looking at the used sporting goods stores like playitagain sports. Might find something cheaper.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Ditto to previous comment...and take a look on Craigslist...you have to weed through some but a friend of mine got a gym quality treadmill with all the extra's for 75 bucks on Craigslist..
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Check around locally, especially in a few months. You can probably get great deals from people that buy them the first of the year and find they are just clothing racks now.
  • redcrow9
    redcrow9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, but anyone have any suggestions on brand or model? If it ends up costing me more so be it.

What kind do you like? I don't want to end up getting a crappy machine.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law is all about research before purchase. When they bought their treadmill 3 years ago, they bought a Sole. On his recommendation, I bought a Sole back in August, and have zero complaints.

The Sole is great - the motor is comparable to what is in the gyms, but at an 'at home' price. The deck has a decent length and it runs very smoothly.

I bought mine from ****s Sporting Goods when it was on sale (which seems to be just about every week!), and had the delivery where they put it in the room for you, but you assemble yourself. I did it all by myself, and didn't need a second pair of hands.

I got the Sole F65 model (http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11226357&cp=2367438.2367453).

I paid $1,000 for mine, but felt it was worth the investment. Other brands, such as Proform got terrible reviews. They are super cheap (4-500 bucks), but in this case, you get what you pay for!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i got a tony little gazelle from salvation army..i love it! only $25.