My Weekend of Sabotage

Options
So, On Friday we went to the chinese buffet for dinner, Saturday to Jacksons steakhouse to celebrate a friends birthday.Sunday to Friendlys....I couldnt even weigh myself Saturday morning. I have no words for my actions..

Replies

• iaho1976
    iaho1976 Posts: 49
    Options
    No point beating yourself up for it, today is a new day, forget the weekend and move on....

Good Luck

Ian
  • babyskeer
    Options
    must have been something in the air... i was led astray by lovely food too :(

chin up, whats done is done,

A good soldier never looks behind :-)
  • joynova
    joynova Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had the same type of weekend. But today is a new day! :-)
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Aww I feel your pain. I ate at Whataburger twice this weekend...once at a place called Tacos and Beer. I feel horrible. But it's a new day :)
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We have all been there, done that! As everyone says...shake it off and move forward! :happy:
  • magig
    magig Posts: 5
    Options
    I know how you feel! I did terrible with food this weekend as well. I realized that if I get on this site, punch in the food, read the inspiring post then I don't have these awful melt downs. I am back on the feel good, lose weight band wagon with you! We can do it!
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    I had a lot to eat on Saturday, but I neutralized it by getting on the treadmill for 31 minutes that evening. I am a morning person. Getting on the treadmill after 8 p. m. was NOT fun! BUT it did put me 8 calories UNDER for the day.

That is what I TRY to do when I go over on my calories. I don't always manage it, BUT I try.

It also helps IF you know in advance you will be going out to eat. You can cut back on your other meals and possibly research the menu ahead of time and try to make better choices. Plus you can always only eat HALF and take the rest home or share with someone.

Don't beat yourself. Just start fresh today.
  • EvilMomma
    EvilMomma Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Me too...my weekend started on Friday. I'm trying to get re-started...again...and the fact that I'm back this morning and weighed in means, to me, that I'm really serious about doing this. I watched myself eat and felt helpless to stop it, but this morning I braved the scale and found that I had gained 1 lb. I was terrified; it felt like I had gained 5 pounds! Its more important to me to let go, forgive myself, and start anew. Good luck; you can do this, we all can; the only real failure, as I see it, is not trying our best, esp. after we fall down.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I went a little nuts this weekend too.. but the way I see it is, the results I saw when I started controlling what I ate were practically instant. If I fall off the wagon, I can get them again just as quickly. We still have control. We made the choice to go over board this weekend and next weekend we can choose NOT to. It won't take you long to undo a bad weekend, believe me!
  • GoBanana76
    GoBanana76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I definitely am excited to start over. My next step is to try getting up in the morning at 5 am to workout - im not sure that will be happening but at least i go after work LOL
  • lovenk
    lovenk Posts: 19
    Options
    This weekend was ok for me but I have to make iced cookies for a friends birthday AND we were invited to a Fat Tuesday party! What do I do about the temptations? I feel bad not joining in! If you don't eat EVERYONE knows your on yet another diet!
  • starboardzor
    Options
    This weekend was ok for me but I have to make iced cookies for a friends birthday AND we were invited to a Fat Tuesday party! What do I do about the temptations? I feel bad not joining in! If you don't eat EVERYONE knows your on yet another diet!

I had to control myself over a huge plate of appetizers on Saturday. I didn't really want to eat any of it, but I didn't want to appear rude. So what I did was just take a couple small things and eat them reeeeeeeeeeeally slowly. That might be tough for a lot of people, I know because I get a little nervous in social situations and I get antsy. But It's some kind of a solution.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I also didn't do too great with my food/exercise this weekend. We celebrated my DDs 7th bday Saturday and had family in from out of town. I ate a slice of cake (yes just 1 instead of the 2-3 I would normally eat) and made chip dip with low fat sour cream instead of regular. also bought myself some of the special K chips instead of eating regular chips. I pretty much maintained my calories but I haven't had time to exercise since Thursday that's 3 days now URGG.. Just keep your chin up and keep moving forward. If we can't enjoy the small things in life sometime we will never be able to do this for a lifetime!!