Stuck in a funk for weeks!!! (long and whiny! warning)

Options
I've just had this awful attitude lately, like everything irritates me to the point i feel like screaming and crying all at once. I don't know what it is cuz it feels like everything is wrong. I don't know if I'm just bored or if I don't want to do stuff cuz i'm miserable, cuz i hardly spend time with my friends or boyfriend and just hang out at my sisters. I can't stand to talk to my customers at work who refuse to buy anything so i make no money and just want to complain about stupid little things that they should be able to figure out, i don't even get excited for someone to walk in now cuz i just dread what is gonna come out of their idiot mouths. Even my best friend who works for the same company at a different store (same position as me) i can't stand to listen to, all she does is whine about her boyfriend and not seeing him much or how she doesn't know if he's the right one, and blah blah blah blah blah. So when i'm not interested in her complaining she asks if everything is ok with me and i tell her my stresses and all of a sudden we're back on talking about hers, cuz i'll say business is just too slow for me to even cover any of my bills ( and i mean i'm taking home like 750 less than i should be or need to be) and she says i know it's slow for everyone we're all hurting, which is such crap cuz her store has doubled my store's sales for the entire time i've worked here. So i can't even complain to her anymore cuz she doesn't listen and i don't know who else to talk to i try to talk to my sister and my boyfriend but they don't seem to get it, neither of them work in the same field i do and don't know much about how sales works so i just get irritated when they suggest things that make no sense to me.

Sorry i know all i do is rant these days but some day its gotta help snap me out of it.

Replies

• luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    I've just had this awful attitude lately, like everything irritates me to the point i feel like screaming and crying all at once. I don't know what it is cuz it feels like everything is wrong. I don't know if I'm just bored or if I don't want to do stuff cuz i'm miserable, cuz i hardly spend time with my friends or boyfriend and just hang out at my sisters. I can't stand to talk to my customers at work who refuse to buy anything so i make no money and just want to complain about stupid little things that they should be able to figure out, i don't even get excited for someone to walk in now cuz i just dread what is gonna come out of their idiot mouths. Even my best friend who works for the same company at a different store (same position as me) i can't stand to listen to, all she does is whine about her boyfriend and not seeing him much or how she doesn't know if he's the right one, and blah blah blah blah blah. So when i'm not interested in her complaining she asks if everything is ok with me and i tell her my stresses and all of a sudden we're back on talking about hers, cuz i'll say business is just too slow for me to even cover any of my bills ( and i mean i'm taking home like 750 less than i should be or need to be) and she says i know it's slow for everyone we're all hurting, which is such crap cuz her store has doubled my store's sales for the entire time i've worked here. So i can't even complain to her anymore cuz she doesn't listen and i don't know who else to talk to i try to talk to my sister and my boyfriend but they don't seem to get it, neither of them work in the same field i do and don't know much about how sales works so i just get irritated when they suggest things that make no sense to me.

Sorry i know all i do is rant these days but some day its gotta help snap me out of it.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    First of all, I know the business routine and slow economic conditions impacting our daily lives particularly for those out there dependent upon commissions or minimum sales ceilings to make ends meet. Unfortunately there's not much one can do about that except to try to find a bright side to all conversations and steer people away from the things that depress you.

What you appear to be experiencing is a depressive state that's being somewhat suppressed internally and is building up looking for a way to find release. You should probably find a way to release the back fill behind that dam or it's going to drown you. Have you tried boxing? I'm serious, just anything that requires you to focus on your survival instead of your every day frustrations is a good activity. I personally get great stress relief when I ride my motorcycle and believe me it's getting ridden hard these days.

It also sounds like you've fallen into a social rut and need to find another outlet than your sister. I suspect that with a lower income that you're going to find that a bit harder but even a walk through a different department store than you would normally walk through as you window shop might help as would just a long walk down the street at work during lunch.

Finally, winter is starting close in and the first blasts of cold air have settled in the E and NE so that's going to bring an automatic depression for those of us who like summer and sunshine. You need to get into other things quickly to clear your mind out or the next depressing thing on your horizon will be the holidays.

Not a promising response from me and I'm sorry I didn't have a witty bit of wisdom to cast your way as a life preserver from the muck and mire you're finding yourself in but rest assured you're not the only one in this position today.

Here's to ya :flowerforyou:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry things are going like that. I wish I had something motivational to say, but I don't. I hope things get better, and keep us posted. Things just have to get better soon!

Rae
  • froggirl
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm in private practice and in my field there is no insurance to pay your fees and nobody seems to have any money. I'm low man on the totem pole when it comes to getting paid. People pay their rent/mortgage, utilities, food and put gas in their cars. Pay a lawyer? That can wait.

So, I'm behind on MY bills and my business has been slow.

It helps me to remind myself to be grateful for what I do have. As a matter of fact, I should make a gratitude list tonight. I'm way overdue for one!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Gratitude lists are phenominal. I think I will go make one right now.

I am afraid to sound preachy but here goes.

I was complaining to my friend a few months ago about how everyone around me seemed to be in a bad mood. She asked me if I had considered it may be my attitude that is causing the stir around me.

I am not one for the whole 'universe' thing...but I do believe what goes around comes around and that we have an effect on the 'vibe' in the air.

If I am negative you can be guaranteed the ppl around me will react in same.

So I dont know. I hope you feel better and I wish I could come buy something from you. Seems I have substituted my eating binges with shopping! :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Sorry everything sucks for you. Maybe you should invest some time in finding a new job. It seems to get you down alot.

I wish there was something to do to make you feel better, but right now everything sucks for everybody. My husband and I moved to a new town a year and a half ago and haven't sold our other house yet, so we are making both rent and morgage payments. And it doesn't look like our house will sell anytime soon. So I'm right there with you. The lady at the school said that we need to pay on our lunch account for the kids the other day and I told her they would have to wait, because we just have too much other crap to pay for right now, but we would pay.