Options
Hey everyone :D

I'm a newbie to this and this is day 1

I have learnt already that I can save calories by making things from scratch...forked out for an m&s sandwich for brekkie calorie content 490!!! thats like over 1/4 of my allowance :(

How is everyone getting on today?
Soph

Replies

• FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join MFP. Its been a great tool for me to see my calories...You're going to love it.

Making things from scratch is definitely much better. There are tons of recipes that you can find on this site that will help you along the way! Good luck
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    planning is key and so much cheaper. Good Luck and welcome this is a great place.
  • stucal80
    stucal80 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks guys and nice to meet you both :D
  • Jcmccc
    Jcmccc Posts: 1
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me! I agree, planning ahead is good. I plan to have steamed broccoli slaw tossed with 1/2 cup cottage cheese sprinkled with "spike" seasonings in 3 hours. That will hold me until tuna salad with celery scoops in 6 hours, but for now I am pushing the water! Thanks for your encouragement, all!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • stucal80
    Options
    Any suggestions what I cud have during the day quite new to this tbh?? x
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Eating fresh is a great way to eat healthy. I like to start with a fairly big breakfast to get my metabolism started for the day and then eat every 2 hours or so. It keeps me from eating too much at lunch and dinner. And if I eat something bad at lunch or dinner, I don't eat as much of it because I'm just not as hungry. Find what works for you and good luck with your goals. Feel free to add me.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Depending if you work out or not and how many calories you have to burn. I eat fruit in the morning and oatmeal, then veggies in the afternoon. I also have yogurt as a snack. Usually the fiber and protein helps curb the appetite. I'm going to try almonds and nuts this week, it's part of a challenge with a group on here.
    I suggest searching the message boards, there is a board for food where people put all kinds of recipes up.
  • stucal80
    Options
    I've been bit of a couch potato lately as been suffereing with depression, so would like to ease myself back into it by walking to and from the train station to work everyday and trying an exercise dvd at home. Then Hopefully i'll have the confidence to return to the gym again for spinning at gym work which I love.

x