Low Cal Pizza

Options
I don't post much here but think this could be something that is helpful. I have tried to make a nutritional version of home made pizza and it always ends up being really expensive or not as good as I would like. I have been ordering the DeLight pizza from Papa Murphy's (take and bake chain) and it is great. Most of the types are 170-200 calories per slice which is much less than other chains. I put the link to the nutriton facts below, my favorite is the Herb Chicken Mediterranean.
http://www.papamurphys.com/pdf/Nutrition_Info.pdf

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I make homemade personal pizzas for my family, my kids love them! I use a 100 calorie flatbread for the crust and add toppings that you like, it could be as healthy as you make it to be be!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I make Flat out pizza using flatbread too...so good...
  • Wolffeathers
    Options
    You know, I think this weekend I'm going to try to grill a flatbread pizza now. Should be awesome...if it works
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I have a Papa Murphy's right around the corner from me and have wondered how good the DeLite pizzas are. I LOVE pizza but unfortunately I don't have the patience for making my own. Thanks for the info!!

And to Jenn and JesaGrace -- Maybe I will try the flatbread pizzas you speak of. I will have to do some research.

Thanks, all!! :flowerforyou:
  • Wolffeathers
    Options
    flat bread pizzas are good. just need to make sure to watch them, as they cook fast, and you can easily burn the shell.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    After seeing the mention of "Flatouts", I went to the website and found this: http://www.flatoutbread.com/tex-mex-flatout-thin-crust-pizza/

YUMMMMM!!!! :love:
  • Mollywater
    Mollywater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I make Flat out pizza using flatbread too...so good...

OMG, EXCELLENT IDEA! I am totally going to try this!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'll make pizza using flour tortillas. You can add any ingredients to make it as healthy as YOU choose.