but I'm full...

Options
My food diary says that I'm eating too few calories...
But I'm eating when I'm hungry hungry and stopping when i feel full(not over the top full..just satisfied).
And it still says that.
My stomach shrinks easily apparently, but the flab isn't gone...i just eat less and get full faster.
I'm confused as to what to do; because if I'm full...doesn't that mean I'm NOT in starvation mode?
Could it be that I've lost some pounds and i need to record it to lower my cal intake? (I haven't weighed in yet)

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary. You are definitly not eating enough. You hardly eat breakfast.

You may not be getting hungry because your body has shut that response down becuase it is used to not getting the food anymore. I think you are on very thin ice with that.

You need to eat more and spread it out. You will probably gain a little for a few weeks, but if you don't you will be doing more harm than good.

Best wishes to you.
    I know that probably is not what you want to hear but you are very low. If you were eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack and saying you weren't hungry I'd say don't worry about it, but coffee doesn't count as breakfast.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary. You are definitly not eating enough. You hardly eat breakfast.

You may not be getting hungry because your body has shut that response down becuase it is used to not getting the food anymore. I think you are on very thin ice with that.

You need to eat more and spread it out. You will probably gain a little for a few weeks, but if you don't you will be doing more harm than good.

Best wishes to you.
    I know that probably is not what you want to hear but you are very low. If you were eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack and saying you weren't hungry I'd say don't worry about it, but coffee doesn't count as breakfast.

why would she get hungry at all then if that response was shut down just curious
  • dlaplume2
    Options

Best wishes to you.

why would she get hungry at all then if that response was shut down just curious

UGH!!!
    That is why she is feeling full and not hungry. She asked for an opinion. You go and look at her diary and tell her you think she is eating enough. She is not. she is skipping meals.

I don't want to have this debate on her thread. I know you don't believe in starvation and the the body is a confused thing that doesn't make sense to you, but this is not your post.
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Really?? Because I always feel sick if i eat something in the mornings...is that the answer?? Breakfast? lol
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

Best wishes to you.

UGH!!!
    That is why she is feeling full and not hungry. She asked for an opinion. You go and look at her diary and tell her you think she is eating enough. She is not. she is skipping meals.

I don't want to have this debate on her thread. I know you don't believe in starvation and the the body is a confused thing that doesn't make sense to you, but this is not your post.

Um where did I say she was eating enough...did I say that um no I didnt so slow your roll and calm the hell down I just asked a freaking question!!!!!!!!!I dont see anywhere where I said that
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    I also never said I dont belive in starvation mode I SAID I VERY RARELY EAT MY EXERCISE CALORIES AND I AM FINE! Me! Never once since I have joined this site have i told anyone not to eat.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Best wishes to you.

UGH!!!

Yowza. :noway:
  • catysthename
    Options

Best wishes to you.

UGH!!!

Yowza. :noway:

That's what im saying.... i just wanted to know why it tells me to keep eating when im full.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Best wishes to you.

UGH!!!

Um where did I say she was eating enough...did I say that um no I didnt so slow your roll and calm the hell down I just asked a freaking question!!!!!!!!!I dont see anywhere where I said that
  • smileyface45
    Options

YOU GO GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes to you.

UGH!!!

• smileyface45
    Options
    I also never said I dont belive in starvation mode I SAID I VERY RARELY EAT MY EXERCISE CALORIES AND I AM FINE! Me! Never once since I have joined this site have i told anyone not to eat.

YOU GO GIRL !!!!!!!!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    So long as you continue to eat foods that are not nutritious and are not doing anything for you, you will not really lose weight. You need to start eating healthier meals, more veggies (aim for 5 a day), more fiber (30 g a day), more fruit (3 a day), drink a lot of water and cut the junk food, you will see that you are hungrier because your portions for each meal will be smaller and youw ill be eating all of your calories but instead of fried stuff, you will be giving your body the nutrients it needs.

Unfortunately, not all calories are created equal and if you really want to see results, you will need to make serious changes to what you eat.

Best of luck.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

Best wishes to you.

UGH!!!

Get defensive much? Maybe you shouldn't post if you're going to behave like a spoilt 2 year old when someone asks a question. That's really helpful.

FnL, love - I believe what *can* happen is that because the system becomes accustomed to not receiving nourishment at a certain time, the hormones (at least, I think its hormones) that trigger the sensation of hunger no longer function at that time and/or the intensity decreases, limiting the seeming need for food. It is something of a survival mechanism for leaner times when food sources are not available. One cannot hunt, gather, protect nor defend if distracted by hunger pangs.

Of course, I have not looked at the young lady's food diary so I am guessing purely by the ... *ahem* informative exchanges that have already taken place. I wouldn't presume to know what her body is experiencing, regardless, but that should at least somewhat answer your question.

** KISSES **
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

Best wishes to you.

UGH!!!

no this is not my post,nor is it yours I have just as much right to post a question in it as you do to post your opinion in it. And my question was serious by the way,its something I was curious about.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Best wishes to you.

UGH!!!

Get defensive much? Maybe you shouldn't post if you're going to behave like a spoilt 2 year old when someone asks a question. That's really helpful.

FnL, love - I believe what *can* happen is that because the system becomes accustomed to not receiving nourishment at a certain time, the hormones (at least, I think its hormones) that trigger the sensation of hunger no longer function at that time and/or the intensity decreases, limiting the seeming need for food. It is something of a survival mechanism for leaner times when food sources are not available. One cannot hunt, gather, protect nor defend if distracted by hunger pangs.

Of course, I have not looked at the young lady's food diary so I am guessing purely by the ... *ahem* informative exchanges that have already taken place. I wouldn't presume to know what her body is experiencing, regardless, but that should at least somewhat answer your question.

** KISSES **

What she said!!! *gives high five for a job well done*
  • catysthename
    Options
    So long as you continue to eat foods that are not nutritious and are not doing anything for you, you will not really lose weight. You need to start eating healthier meals, more veggies (aim for 5 a day), more fiber (30 g a day), more fruit (3 a day), drink a lot of water and cut the junk food, you will see that you are hungrier because your portions for each meal will be smaller and youw ill be eating all of your calories but instead of fried stuff, you will be giving your body the nutrients it needs.

Unfortunately, not all calories are created equal and if you really want to see results, you will need to make serious changes to what you eat.

Best of luck.

I would eat healthier..but at the moment I'm suffering financially and all i have is skillet masters, hot pockets, and pizza rolls. :[
  • dlaplume2
    Options
    I don't mean to offend anyone. I just took your post as a question of whether you were eating enough. That was how I took it. I gave my opinion and the first response to it, was a challenge, (or so that is how it felt) If I took it out of context I appologize.

If you want to keep eating 600-800 calories by all means do it. You asked why it kept telling you, you are not eating enough. I told you "it's because you are not eating enough". What you choose to do with that opinion is entirely up to you.

Again I applogize that your post caused a huge debate when that was probably not your intentions.

Best wishes, I hope it works out for you.

:smile: :flowerforyou:
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

Best wishes to you.

UGH!!!

** KISSES **

Thank you so much that was all I wanted to know!:heart::happy:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Her brain is preserving its strength so it stops sending signals to the stomach and looks for energy to function from other parts of the body and/or shuts down/minimizes essential functioning. She may still get some hunger responses but fewer and far between.

It's like if you are choking, if your brain isn't getting enough oxygen it knocks you out (you faint) b/c it's easier to get oxygen to it in a horizontal position. If the brain is desperate for oxygen a last resort is to get it from the stomach which contains a small percentage so it sends a signal to cause you to vomit.

I had a look at your diary, I realize you are only 18, or at least 18 to MFP since that's the minimum but you should really start eating healthier food items. Everything in your diary may be under your daily calories but its heart clogging junk. Fast food every other day and pasta and processed hot pockets daily. The preservatives and huge amounts of sodium let alone bad fats really needs to be cut out. The sodium may be playing a role in you feeling full but it is also playing a role in you not seeing large losses on the scale since it causes you to retain water. Minimize the salt and on the odd say you are high, drink lots of water to compensate. There are lots of threads on here about students on a budget and how to eat healthy or students who are stuck with parents trying to force-feed them so do check those out.
  • TiffanyTravis
    Options
    Try eating a lot of small meals during the day. That way you won't have to eat so much at one time that you are feeling overly full. I lost weight during both my pregnancies because I couldn't eat a lot at one time so I did the small meals several times a day. Some weight loss experts tell you that this is the better way to go. If you don't get enough calories during the day your body will start hording the calories you do take in and you won't lose any weight. Weight Watchers is very adamant about getting enough points/calories during the day.