Just putting myself out there

Options
I have been a member of the site since November 1, 2010, but I have never taken the time to post on the boards. I decided that today is the day to do so. My name is Judy. I am a single mom of a beautiful 9 year old boy named Austin. He is my driving force for trying to be a healthier me!
As of right now, I have lost 28.6 lbs. I have a LONG way to go still, but I know I'm on the right track. When I started, I weighed 378.8 lbs. I am now 349.6. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of being under 350 lbs! It is just amazing.
If you'd like to know more, or if there is any way I can help you, please feel free to contact me! Thanks all and God bless!

Replies

• Formandeeonly
    Formandeeonly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice job....you are doing great !
  • etropsis
    etropsis Posts: 4
    Options
    great job, keep it up!!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I use the boards especially when I am feeling like munching, but not hungry or close to going over my calories...as a distraction from eating. I also joined a few challenges in the "motivation and support" forums. Those people are constantly checking in and asking how the other group members are doing on the weekly challenges. I am sure you can find one or two groups similar to your needs/interests, then, voila! Instant friends and accountability. Good job losing so much already!
  • darnold67
    darnold67 Posts: 36
    Options
    Keep up the good work and please add me! I would love for us to keep each other motivated!
  • chorus
    chorus Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • thejayar
    thejayar Posts: 7
    Options
    awesome job! I haven't posted here but I've only been here a month. I lost 28 pounds so far and I feel great, haven't felt this good about myself in years. Congrats on putting yourself out there!
  • osman2011
    Options
    Way to go, keep up the good work. I started about 3 weeks ago. I'm just now getting serious. You have inspired me!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great start! Keep it up and be consistent and patient through the plateaus.
  • chorus
    chorus Posts: 4
    Options
    You guys are all awesome! It is so encouraging to see everyone working so hard. Whether the numbers are smaller because you just started, or you have reached the larger numbers from months at work, each and every one of you inspire me! If there is anything I can do for any of you, please feel free to contact me! Much love and congrats all!!!!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Welcome!! I can help you along your way! in fact I have a group here:
    http://www.facebook.com/Beachbody#!/home.php?sk=group_174769109231499&ap=1
    That can help you with support and tips of 100+ peers all doing the same thing.
    Wishing you the best of luck
  • dmsnurse
    dmsnurse Posts: 26
    Options
    You have an AWESOME start. I am new here, have only been a member for 5 days. Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can encourage each other.

Take care,

Diane
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the good work! I'm new here too. I LOVE this site! Much better than any other I've been on!!!