OMG, I just joined the Biggest Loser Challenge @ work!

Options
So my job started a Biggest Loser Competition. They did it last year, but I didn't even think about participating. But this year, I'm actually counting my cals and not looking at working out as a chore, so I feel better about it. I've lost 20 pounds so far and have 35 more to go, so I don't even know if I can win with that amount to lose. But I thought I'd sign up for extra motivation to get me through these 35 pounds. We'll weigh in in private every Tuesday and compete with percentage of weight loss. First weigh in is tomorrow and will go through May. I think there are weekly prizes but grand prize is an all expense paid trip for 2 to the Ritz Carlton in Naples, FL. My weight tracker mentioned the website SparkPeople has anyone tried it? l googled it, but it looks very busy to me!
I'm a little nervous about it since I've never done anything like this before and have had trouble in the past losing weight on a consistent basis.My hubby is very positive and thinks I could win, (he really wants the trip, LOL) but I could use all the tips and encouragement I can get! Thanks, guys.

Replies

• Iris0022
    Iris0022 Posts: 54
    Options
    I just completed a similar program through my work. We met 3 times a week for a group workout session and weighed in once a week. The challenge lasted 1 month and I lost 10lbs! I came in 2nd place overall for my percentage wt loss. I say go for it and GOOD LUCK!
  • blahlemon
    blahlemon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself, keep to your calorie count, if you hit a plateau or get a little spike back in weight don't get discouraged, just go to the success stories and encourage yourself.

BTW, does anyone else thing that the "just based on weight" thing is a little silly? How about taking the whole package into consideration like how much you loose off your waist? Cause really, that what more people are REALLY concerned about, the number is just that, a number.
  • candykoated
    candykoated Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to get my company to do the same thing. Especially our office here in Atlanta. There are a lot of us in this office that could really benefit from this type of competition. With my office being predominately male, I'm sure the guys would relish in being competitive against one another in this regard. The Biggest Loser Challenge sounds like so much fun. It's also another way to make you accountable to someone. If people are anything like me, that's the type of thing that I need to keep me going, which is why I joined the gym. I have no one to be accountable to other than myself, but going to the gym, I have to see the trainer and the other members and I feel accountable to them in some way. I know it sounds wierd LOL!!! But this challenge should be so much fun for you guys. Good luck!!!
  • candykoated
    candykoated Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @Blahlemon, I'm with you! For two weeks straight my scale didn't move, but I could tell I was losing the "something". One of the guys at my gym began to tell me that it was the inches that I should be looking at and not the number. You are so right *wink*!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself, keep to your calorie count, if you hit a plateau or get a little spike back in weight don't get discouraged, just go to the success stories and encourage yourself.

BTW, does anyone else thing that the "just based on weight" thing is a little silly? How about taking the whole package into consideration like how much you loose off your waist? Cause really, that what more people are REALLY concerned about, the number is just that, a number.
    Thanks so much for the encouragement, yes, going off inches lost would be good also! thanks guys!