Michael Jackson The Experience for Wii

Options
If you want a great workout and love to dance try the Michael Jackson The Experience for Wii. I got it for Christmas, and I have lost 14 pounds for far since the first of the year. It is so addicting. Once I start I can't stop. I end up dancing for up to 98 minutes just about every day. I will be 60 in May so anyone can do it. I bought Just Dance too but I was disappointed but I love Michael and it's such a great challenge each day to better my scores. The only drawback is you have to enter your username after each song if you better your score, but it is worth it to see the pounds coming off. After burning off 640 calories it makes it easy to watch my weight. Of course I log into my diary every day to keep track of the calories. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this game!! Michael Jackson is amazing and this game is soo much fun!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i have that game & i love it!!! i have just dance (1) also!! my 4 year old was dancing up a storm this morning after she got ready for school!!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting this one! I think I will ask for it for my bday!!! Thanks for the post! :flowerforyou:
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I just bought it too- it is sooooo fun! LOVE it! I also have Just Dance 2, these games burn a little less than my typical workout but are a heck of a lot more fun!
  • geneil37
    geneil37 Posts: 8
    Options
    Awesome workout!!
  • lsmith78
    lsmith78 Posts: 4
    Options
    My nephew got the Michael Jackson the Experience game for the Wii over the weekend at his birthday party. I was a bit skeptical in participating with he and friends in playing it, but once I started, like you, I loved it! We spent multiple hours playing the game and it gave me a great workout. I very much enjoyed singing and dancing to the songs while burning calories as well. I wasn't planning on purchasing a Wii in the near future, but I think I'll be getting one sooner rather than later and this will be the first game I get. :smile:
  • MsFree09
    MsFree09 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just found this post. I love this game! Question: How do you know how many calories you've burned? and then....How do you log your calories burned into MFP? I can't remember if the game tells you.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I LURVE this game too! I actually like it a lot more on the PS3 because it seems to track your movements more accurately + the singing + there's an online leader board. When I first started playing I was kinda addicted to it and totally lost weight. I even got number 2 on the leader boards a few songs and it was fun trying to beat my score and others. Now I'm relegated to the Wii version until I get my own PS3, which is a little stinky, but I still like it. I haven't played it as much lately, but I should totally get back into it because I get so much more out of exercise when it's actually fun or disguised as a video game, lol.

I'm not sure how to log the calories burned as there's no in-game counter or anything like that. I've used a heart-rate monitor with it before, which I suggest to get the most accurate calculation. Depending on the song, you could be moving at a very high intensity, or a very low intensity, and you also have to factor in the pauses in between songs. I'd say the most strenuous song for me is "Speed Demon." : ) Generally, I can burn 600 calories per hour while dancing continuously. Taking in the factor of pauses + changes in song intensity from moderate to high, if I played for an hour, I'd estimate a 450 calorie burn for me personally. : )

I've read someone else say they burn 200 calories in a half hour. So I think it'd be safe for you to estimate 400-500 cals per hour session.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii, and either own or have Redbox'd: Just Dance [2,3,4] and The Black Eyed Peas Experience. I enjoy them all but am curious how MJE compares to them? Has anybody here tried most or all of them?
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Love playing this and the Just Dance games with my son. Fun workout and when we hear the songs we danced to on the radio, more often than not, I'm a dork and start doing the moves along with the song. :tongue:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I remember back when The Michael Jackson Experience wasn't something you wanted to give your kids.

ETA- yes. I am already fully aware that I'm a terrible person
  • ArchangelMJ
    Options
    I have a Wii, and either own or have Redbox'd: Just Dance [2,3,4] and The Black Eyed Peas Experience. I enjoy them all but am curious how MJE compares to them? Has anybody here tried most or all of them?

I've played Just Dance 3, Everybody Dance (PS3 exclusive) and Dance on Broadway. I definitely prefer MJE because of the song selection, and I feel like the actual movements are better coordinated/choreographed. (less corny, I guess) However, I did really like the other ones I've tried as well. I like the "Just Sweat " feature of Just Dance and I wish the MJ game had something similar.The other dance games only have a few songs I really like, and the rest are annoying to me, and so it can get old much faster I think, lol. In general I really love dance games, and I'd like to try them all!
  • ArchangelMJ
    Options
    I remember back when The Michael Jackson Experience wasn't something you wanted to give your kids.

ETA- yes. I am already fully aware that I'm a terrible person

>_> I'm just going to stare at this bunny to keep from getting mad.

(\_/)
    (o.o)
    (___)