exercise ball

Options
so what workouts do u do with an exercise ball? i have heard they are great to have but dont know what to do on one! thinking about adding those workouts to my treadmill workout!

thank you!:smile:

Replies

• SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I used to use it for sit ups. They're also a great replacement for your office chair - bounce all day burning calories! I'd search youtube for a workout.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=exercise+ball&aq=f
  • lbfrueh
    lbfrueh Posts: 87
    Options
    If you are talking about the large exercise balls, I've done sit ups on them. I use a small 2lb medicin ball in a cardio workout and I feel a HUGE difference in my workout. I love using it!!!!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    The big ball is so much fun :) There are workouts you can do (I actually have a ball and video at home), that is a cardio workout AND a strength training workout all in one. Its fun, different from the normal, and a great workout :) I use it for sit-ups/crunches too, as it is better for your back.
  • xLaurenex
    xLaurenex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    if you stand with your back against the wall, and the ball inbetween, you can do squats with or without weights.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Squats, push-ups, sit ups, arms and legs....I just bought one this weekend and it came with a booklet of different exercises.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I mainly do situps on mine. Mine came with an instructuion sheet shwoing me all different kinds of things to do with it! A very good investment! When I was pregnant I used it to sit on to watch TV too!