What Happens To Your Body Within An Hour Of Drinking A Coke

Options

Replies

• hapemopirate
    hapemopirate Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So interesting. Makes me thankful that I don't even like Coke! With all my diabetic family members, I'm trying to really be careful with my sugars. Thanks for posting this!
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Does this apply to Diet Coke too? I really love my Diet Coke...:frown:
    Obviously not exactly the same principle as Diet Coke is sugar free and presumably contains more artificial sweeteners.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I hate coke. It makes my teeth feel funny and squeaky, lol! :laugh:
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Very interesting I can see im gonna have to give it up !
  • fifrocks
    fifrocks Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks! I sent this to a friend who struggles with cokes as her weakness, but she is a reasonable person, so this will help her.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I used to be addicted, kicked the habit a little over a year ago now.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, I have been saying to people I care about that soda is bad bad bad, even diet. But unfortunately it's like a drug to me anyways, and after not drinking it very often for years I have been drinking one nearly every day recently. :( I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a drug addict or alcoholic, cause the whole soda thing makes me crazy!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I haven't had soda in over a month :-) I tried to drink my regular Coke Zero the other day and had 2 sips and threw it out. SO NASTY!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I only drink it if it's mixed with whiskey.
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Take a can of soda, poor it into your toilet and watch it eat away stains and clean the toilet. Can you image what it does to your body after seeing that? For real, try it. It would make you sick. It did me. :sick:
  • mowrynation
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have officialy been pop free including diet for over 2 months, I feel totally better!!
    side note did you notice that Coca Cola sponsers the diabetic institute
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    For real??? The diebetic institue??? Thats crazy. Do they feel guilty? haha
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I only drink it if it's mixed with whiskey.

mmmm... bourbon....
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    For real??? The diebetic institue??? Thats crazy. Do they feel guilty? haha
    Probably only as guilty as RJ Reynolds and Philip Morris do for making cigarettes. They fund most anti-smoking ads because of the government, I'm sure Coke is either obligated or beating the obligation to funding the diabetic institute.

koosdel—Dad gave me a bottle of Jim Beam last night; gotta love a man who appreciates the need to drink when you're in your mid-20s. Er, I mean, appreciates a good bottle of bourbon.
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any soda in maybe 5 years, but damn that article is a real eye-opener for frankenfoods in general. Thanks for sharing!
    Take a can of soda, poor it into your toilet and watch it eat away stains and clean the toilet. Can you image what it does to your body after seeing that? For real, try it. It would make you sick. It did me. :sick:
    Woah. Definitely going to try that. Thanks for the heads up!
  • nlewis22
    nlewis22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So, while this article has merit, I love DIET Coke. I would like to know what happens in my body when I drink one of those, because I know it's not good. Also, my husband is literally addicted to Diet Pepsi, he has to have one every morning, and with every meal and then some, it's gross. I wish there was a concrete, scientifically backed article saying that it's detrimental to your health.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    So, while this article has merit, I love DIET Coke. I would like to know what happens in my body when I drink one of those, because I know it's not good. Also, my husband is literally addicted to Diet Pepsi, he has to have one every morning, and with every meal and then some, it's gross. I wish there was a concrete, scientifically backed article saying that it's detrimental to your health.

I have seen a You Tube video concerning Diet Coke that was put together by nutritionists and PhD's in Biology...

And I will NEVER EVER EVER drink a drink with the work DIET in it ever again. After watching the video and learning that it's no better than the real stuff...and then doing my own research and finding sources all over the place that agree with what I saw in the video, I will stick to water the occasional "treat" drink.

I wish I had the link saved...but it mainly has to do with the articial colors, sweeteners, etc. and the acid content that can blow away your hormonal balance, mess with cognition, etc...

And to top it off, my Dad has Parkinson's Disease...and his neurologist, not regular doc, flat out told him to stop drinking diet drinks because of what they do to the brain.

Not trying to scare monger or anything...but seriously, our body needs water. It doesn't need Coke, or Diet Coke. As at treat, sure, why not? As everyday...I wouldn't do it.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    will read later.