It's not much but it makes me happy

Options
tifanieb
tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
Ok when i started 50 days ago my knees always bothered me, walking up the stairs made me out of breath, and house chores wore me out.
NOW i am happy to say that all my 18 pants are baggy on me as are my xl shirts!!! I have lost 18 lbs, and am playing with my kids on top of keeping the house clean, exercising, and running errands!!!

I know it is a small step, but without the hip pain and knee pain i am a whole new person!!! READY FOR ANYTHING!!
thanks for listening!!

Replies

• drroduran
    drroduran Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow!! That is outstanding!!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations!!
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I don't agree with your title "it's not much but it makes me happy"....what you've done is something great!!! Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the great work :)
  • heatherrobuck
    heatherrobuck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's so great! Congratulations!
  • marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    Congratulations, that is great! I understand what it is like, I have knee and ankle problems - it can be difficult when you feel horrible all of the time. I just started my program a week ago and already can tell a difference in how I feel. Every little step adds up - be proud of the 18 pounds and feeling better, that is real progress toward your overall goal. Definitely nothing to be ashamed of.
  • boone0875
    Options
    awesome!!!! wtg!!!
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I don't agree with your title "it's not much but it makes me happy"....what you've done is something great!!! Way to go! :flowerforyou:

I agree!!! No matter how "small" you think it may be, it is a huge accomplishment just making the decision to start this journey! Keep up the fantastic (and inspiring!!) work!!
  • HeidiSBond
    HeidiSBond Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Nice! You must feel wonderful!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • Andrea7701
    Andrea7701 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I have felt frustrated at times and I have come to realize that no matter how much weight I have lost, I am so much more healthy than I was. I just ran a 5K and I never in a million years thought that I could be a "runner". Like you I just feel better. That's what is important!!
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That's what it's all for. Keep it up!
  • darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    Hey, well done! Never mind "it's not much"....it's made a big difference to you and your kids, so enjoy it and celebrate....and it gives you a good excuse to shop! x
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    So super excited for u...It sounds like a gain for everyone in your home.I bet ur kids and hubby are loving it!Congratulations!
  • LakeishaJolivett
    LakeishaJolivett Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :smile: That's Wonderful... Keep up the good work!
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    Options
    Every small step counts which leads to bigger steps!! Congrats!!
  • LHarders
    LHarders Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Small step you say......I say HUGE step Congratulations....I can not wait to see a difference in my clothing....Summer is coming :)
  • larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    that's awesome~ good for you! its the little things that count and UGH i hate knee problems. My knees are not 100% but way better than before when they were carrying around an extra 25lbs
  • superstah00
    superstah00 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yayyyy for baggy clothes!!! GREAT JOB!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!