Anna_Banana
Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
I know it's not good for you but a couple of people wanted this recipe. Enjoy

CRUST:

2 cups gingersnaps (whole)
6 tablespoons butter
1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar

FILLING:

Three 8 oz. packages cream cheese (room temperature)
¾ cup pumpkin
¾ cup melted white chocolate
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnnamon

TOPPING:

½ cup almonds
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons butter
Pre-heat oven to 350° F.

Wrap outside of pan with foil. In processor, grind gingersnaps, add sugar, melted butter and press into 9" springform pan. Bake 5 to 7 minutes. Take out and keep oven at temperature.

Mix cream cheese and sugar in processor until smooth, add the rest of the ingredients and process until completely mixed and smooth.

Pour mixture into prepared crust and bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, until cheesecake starts to crack.

While cooling, process almonds, butter, and sugar in processor; spread the mixture evenly on cookie sheet and put in oven for 6-7 minutes until it starts to toast. Spread evenly on top of cheesecake and cool 4 to 5 hours. Remove ring of pan and serve.

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Options
    I know it's not good for you but a couple of people wanted this recipe. Enjoy

CRUST:

2 cups gingersnaps (whole)
    6 tablespoons butter
    1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar

FILLING:

Three 8 oz. packages cream cheese (room temperature)
    ¾ cup pumpkin
    ¾ cup melted white chocolate
    1 cup sugar
    3 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
    1 teaspoon cinnnamon

TOPPING:

½ cup almonds
    1 teaspoon sugar
    2 tablespoons butter
    Pre-heat oven to 350° F.

Wrap outside of pan with foil. In processor, grind gingersnaps, add sugar, melted butter and press into 9" springform pan. Bake 5 to 7 minutes. Take out and keep oven at temperature.

Mix cream cheese and sugar in processor until smooth, add the rest of the ingredients and process until completely mixed and smooth.

Pour mixture into prepared crust and bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, until cheesecake starts to crack.

While cooling, process almonds, butter, and sugar in processor; spread the mixture evenly on cookie sheet and put in oven for 6-7 minutes until it starts to toast. Spread evenly on top of cheesecake and cool 4 to 5 hours. Remove ring of pan and serve.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Dear Lord...I felt my pants getting tighter just READING that recipe! I looove cheesecake. Gonna have to try this one-thanks for sharing!
  • Christyla
    Options
    how many caleries in in this?
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I HATE cheese cake, but LOVE white chocolate and pumpkin. Does anyone know how to make this from a cheese cake to a pumpkin pie recipe? :heart:

Either way now this year when I make my chocolate chip pumpkin cake I am going to use white chips. MMMM.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    You just want me to gain those 5 back so you can win! hehehe

Seriously, this sounds AMAZING and I can't wait to try it on Turkey Day!
  • Losing_It
    Options

I would imagine if you put them into a calorie calculator, it would explode!:laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

40 billion:bigsmile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I HATE cheese cake, but LOVE white chocolate and pumpkin. Does anyone know how to make this from a cheese cake to a pumpkin pie recipe? :heart:

Either way now this year when I make my chocolate chip pumpkin cake I am going to use white chips. MMMM.

I guess you could just make a pumkin pie recipe and then ad melted white chocolate chips.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    OH MI GOSH! This sounds amazing-I am sending it to mom. She is the cheese cake maker extrodiare, but even she doens't have a receipe like this one!

Thanks!
  • susan62
    Options
    Thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options

If you go to spark reciepes, then you can click on their calorie calculator and enter in the ingrediants. It will calculate it for you.

:noway: I don't really want to know though
  • hasselh
    Options
    You can use lowfat cream cheese ( I personally would use 2 low fat, one non fat)
    Split the amount of sugar in half - use 1/2 regular sugar....1/2 splenda or an alternative like that
    They also sell lower fat ginger snaps (although cals are same along with carbs)

* I enjoy cheesecake (and can't wait to try this) - I handle it by making it, having one small slice, then either having my husband or myself take it to work to share.

Moderation, moderation, moderation! Oh, and add an extra workout!
    :wink:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thank you Anna, for posting this recipe!! I was one of the naughty ones that requested it :devil:
    Maybe there are some substituations that can be made so that it's not SO fattening...But I think we're all pretty much *ahem* up a creek when it comes to this one. :wink:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Thank you Anna, for posting this recipe!! I was one of the naughty ones that requested it :devil:
    Maybe there are some substituations that can be made so that it's not SO fattening...But I think we're all pretty much *ahem* up a creek when it comes to this one. :wink:

Cut it into small peices and share it with everybody. They will think you are just the best cook ever.
  • Losing_It
    Options

Cut it into small peices and share it with everybody. They will think you are just the best cook ever.

Ummm NO!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sharing mine!:devil: Ok..maybe just a little piece...:grumble:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Okay just make sure to make a really big meal so everybody will be so full they won't want any
  • sheyna
    Options
    LMAO and so would our waist lines! ..... Ewww just picture all the cellulite/flub this recipe will create and it might sound less appetizing (that's what I'm picturing)
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    One peice won't do any harm. It's when you eat in excess everyday that you get problems