Chobani Greek Yogurt

Options
Okay, so tried it. Yeah, not so thrilled. LOL

I opted for the "flavored" kind as I heard the plain was very plain. I tried the vanilla. It, to me, still tastes like sour milk!

What do you all do to "liven" it up??? I thought about sweetener??

I really like the benefits of yogurt...and the protein is a plus in the Greek.

Thoughts???????

Replies

• kfuller27
    kfuller27 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I buy Dannon Plain and add some dried cranberries, a few walnuts and a packet of Splenda. I eat it every morning and LOVE it.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Try the pomegrade, pineapple, strawberry or blueberry much more plesant taste YUM!!!
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like the plain greek yogurt with a little honey drizzled on it. You can add banana if you want that many caloires.
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is how I make mine.....134 g of Fang non fat greek yogurt, 30 g of frozen fruit and about 10 drops of NuNatural Stevia (clear bottle) to sweeten it up a bit. It's a lot better then the plain stuff!!! Good Luck!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I like the peach or the caramel.

Also - someone had me put ranch mix in it and use it as a dip (the plain, not the peach - that would just be gross)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    If flavored yogurt tastes like sour milk to you, chances are you just don't like yogurt. Move on to another dairy/protein source that you do like. How about cottage cheese?
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If flavored yogurt tastes like sour milk to you, chances are you just don't like yogurt. Move on to another dairy/protein source that you do like. How about cottage cheese?

LOL..no see, that is just it...I LOVE yogurt!! I love cottage cheese too, but I can do without the extra sodium. I just have to try and add a little zip to it....I love the suggestions, thanks!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I tried the plain and livened it up with fruit and sweetener. Yeah, NO. It still tasted like sour milk to me. I know it is not the best for me, but I still do my Yoplait. I have to be able to actually swallow the food without gagging, or I can't eat it! LOL
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    THe best Greek yogurt I have come across is Fage. I usually go for the 2% fat, fruit varieties (peach, blueberry, strawberry, cherry) but they also make a 0% fat version that comes in blueberry/ acai and pomegranate/cherry. They are creamy and absolutely delicious.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    try some of the other flavors. my family loves the peach, pomegranate, blueberry, banana/strawberry and the mango :)
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I add agave to the plain one, and mix in berries or cantelope sometimes... mmm
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I wasn't thrilled with the strawberry flavor; loved! the pineapple though. I have to say that I don't usually do the flavored do to too much sugar in it but you can do any fruit and some granola. I have to say the greek yogurt is an aquired taste. First time I tried it my taste buds were like, WTH!!!! but now I LOVE it and won't go back to regular yogurt! However, I am queen of the plain taste. :)
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I read about someone else on here who puts sugar free, fat free jello instant pudding mix in their yogurt. I tried it and love it! I use about 2 tsp per 6 oz of yogurt. I buy either Fage or Athenos, whichever is cheaper (but Chobani is the best for fruit on the bottom). I used the cheesecake pudding mix today with Athenos yogurt and it tasted just like the cheesecake filling. It is so good and only 125 calories!
  • blink14
    blink14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    it took me forever to actually like this yogurt, but the pomegranate is my favorite.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I mix 2 parts honey-flavored traditional (Zoi brand) Greek yogurt with 1 part Fage Total 0 non-fat (which I CAN'T eat plain!) and the result is really good tasting and lowers the carb and calorie content a bit. I had it with fresh blueberries the other day, and it was as satisfying as ice cream.
  • mtngoddess
    mtngoddess Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it at first simply because of the consistency. The fruit flavors are delicious, though. I just had to program my brain to think of it as pudding instead of yogurt to get past the thickness.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    The creamy pudding-like thickness is the part I like best about Greek yogurt! It's my new "dessert".
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Okay, so tried it. Yeah, not so thrilled. LOL

I opted for the "flavored" kind as I heard the plain was very plain. I tried the vanilla. It, to me, still tastes like sour milk!

What do you all do to "liven" it up??? I thought about sweetener??

I really like the benefits of yogurt...and the protein is a plus in the Greek.

Thoughts???????
    I felt the same the first time I tried it. I REALLY like the lemon, Blueberry, and the pomegranite I usually add blueberries or some other fruit to it.. Try another flavor. It is really good
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the Chobani, but I LOVE the oikos organic brand. I love all the flavors, but my favorite is the Caramel on the bottom. Delish!
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I tried something the other day... I like cottage cheese (if you don't then you're missing out on cheap protein). Regardless, I mixed half chobani with half cottage cheese to get the cottage cheese taste and the tanginess of yogurt without the weird sour/chalky/whatever feeling/taste that people describe when they eat it.